Space saver tyres

Old September 2nd 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Jackson[_2_]

Default Space saver tyres

I am looking at a Mondeo Zedec 2.00 TDi,
it comes with a space saver wheel.

Are they legal for towing?

Colin
Old September 2nd 09, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:21:48 +0100, "Colin Jackson"
cojack6ATbtinternetDOTcom wrote:

I am looking at a Mondeo Zedec 2.00 TDi,
it comes with a space saver wheel.

Are they legal for towing?

Colin

You could always swap it for a full sized one, It would fit in the
tyre well the full size tyre was an option for them
Bill Lord

Old September 2nd 09, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

I'd pick up a proper one from a scrapyard
Old September 2nd 09, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"TTT" wrote in message ...
I'd pick up a proper one from a scrapyard

Brillo car, but I wouldn't recommend a tyre from the scapyard. 50 for a new one is not much when your life is depending on it.

lofty
Old September 2nd 09, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Lofty" wrote in message
"TTT" wrote in message
I'd pick up a proper one from a scrapyard

Brillo car, but I wouldn't recommend a tyre from the scapyard. 50 for a new one
is not much when your life is depending on it.

lofty

Get a tyre / rim ( wheel ) from the scrap yard

The get one of the tyre retailers to fit a NEW tyre

A Win / Win situation

DieSea

Old September 3rd 09, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Jackson[_2_]

To All,

Many thanks for info - it will keep SWMBO happy

Colin