Help required for elderly Abbey

Old September 7th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Sullivan[_3_]

Default Help required for elderly Abbey

I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel for
a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Old September 7th 09, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GGJ

"John Sullivan" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel for
a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Try http://www.premiertowingcentre.co.uk...heels_36.html#
there is a 40mm one half way down the page.

GGJ

Old September 7th 09, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"GGJ" GGJnospam.com wrote in message

"John Sullivan" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel for a
1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Try http://www.premiertowingcentre.co.uk...heels_36.html#
there is a 40mm one half way down the page.

GGJ

Have you looked here

http://www.towsure.com/category/7250..._Jockey_Wheels

DieSea

Old September 7th 09, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

John Sullivan presented the following explanation :
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel for a
1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Could you not bore the hole out to 42mm?

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old September 7th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Sullivan[_3_]

"DieSea" wrote in message

"GGJ" GGJnospam.com wrote in message

"John Sullivan" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Try http://www.premiertowingcentre.co.uk...heels_36.html#
there is a 40mm one half way down the page.

GGJ

Have you looked here

http://www.towsure.com/category/7250..._Jockey_Wheels

I have now, but they don't list a 40mm.
Thanks anyway.

Old September 7th 09, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Sullivan[_3_]

"GGJ" GGJnospam.com wrote in message

"John Sullivan" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Try http://www.premiertowingcentre.co.uk...heels_36.html#
there is a 40mm one half way down the page.

Very many thanks for that.

Old September 7th 09, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Sullivan[_3_]

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
John Sullivan presented the following explanation :
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Could you not bore the hole out to 42mm?

Not being a very handy chap, I wouldn't know where to start!
Anyway the hole diameter is already 42mm, which is why the shaft won't go
in. The maker's original was 41mm.
Thanks for your interest.

Old September 7th 09, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
John Sullivan presented the following explanation :
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Could you not bore the hole out to 42mm?

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I seem to recall that my jockey wheel is held in a clamp bolted to the van
chassis. Is replacing the clamp as well as the wheel a possibility.

My jockey wheel is "inside" the A frame but I have seen many fixed on the
outside. Note I know next to nowt about it but research the effect that
different metals have on each other, Putting steel bolts through aluminium
requires use of sleeves preventing contact.

Smiler

Old September 7th 09, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Sullivan[_3_]

"Smiler" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
John Sullivan presented the following explanation :
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Could you not bore the hole out to 42mm?

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I seem to recall that my jockey wheel is held in a clamp bolted to the van
chassis. Is replacing the clamp as well as the wheel a possibility.

My jockey wheel is "inside" the A frame but I have seen many fixed on the
outside. Note I know next to nowt about it but research the effect that
different metals have on each other, Putting steel bolts through aluminium
requires use of sleeves preventing contact.

Seems a completely different system to mone, but thanks for your interest.

Old September 8th 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , John Sullivan
writes

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
John Sullivan presented the following explanation :
I wonder if anyone could please help me find a replacement jockey wheel
for a 1979 Cosalt Abbey GT414.
The shaft diameter needs to be between 40 and 41mm.
Todays standard 42mm will NOT go in the hole!

Could you not bore the hole out to 42mm?

Not being a very handy chap, I wouldn't know where to start!
Anyway the hole diameter is already 42mm, which is why the shaft won't go
in. The maker's original was 41mm.
Thanks for your interest.

I'm confused. Did you not say the hole is 41mm?
--
hugh