electrical help

Old October 6th 09, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS[_2_]

Default electrical help

I wish to operate a dishwasher in my new caravan, my last van the water was
operated by a pressure switch, so there was no problem, when the dishwasher
needed water, the pump kicked in and switched off when not needed. however
the new van uses micro switches to operate the pump.

Am I correct in thinking that that the solonoid that operates the water
inlet valve has mains 230 present when the machine needs water, if I was to
connect a Relay to this valve which in turn coud operate a relay with 12v
passing though it to operate the water pump.

Any one think this would work?

Lee

Old October 6th 09, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , REDSKINS
writes
I wish to operate a dishwasher in my new caravan, my last van the water
was operated by a pressure switch, so there was no problem, when the
dishwasher needed water, the pump kicked in and switched off when not
needed. however the new van uses micro switches to operate the pump.

Am I correct in thinking that that the solonoid that operates the
water inlet valve has mains 230 present when the machine needs water,
if I was to connect a Relay to this valve which in turn coud operate a
relay with 12v passing though it to operate the water pump.

Any one think this would work?

Lee

You should only need one relay. The switched output from the relay could
be taken direct to the water pump feed, although your suggestion might
reduce cable length of the feed to the pump.
--
hugh