insurance

Old October 7th 09, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Default insurance

Hi All

Just renewed my caravan insurance with Saga. I lowered the value price from
9000 down to 7000 as the van is now getting on a bit, 7yrs and
hey-presto the premium came down also, a wopping 58
Something to bear in mind when it's renewal time

Lofty

Old October 7th 09, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Lofty" wrote in message
Hi All

Just renewed my caravan insurance with Saga. I lowered the value price
from 9000 down to 7000 as the van is now getting on a bit, 7yrs and
hey-presto the premium came down also, a wopping 58
Something to bear in mind when it's renewal time

I did a similar thing with my motorhome, dropping the value by 1 dropped
the premium by 50. The bands seem to go in round 10k's so a drop of 1
can make a big difference.

Rgds,

Andy R

Old October 7th 09, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
broadssailor

On 7 Oct, 08:23, "Andy R" wrote:
"Lofty" wrote in message

Hi All

Just renewed my caravan insurance with Saga. I lowered the value price
from 9000 down to 7000 as the van is now getting on a bit, 7yrs and
hey-presto the premium came down also, a wopping 58
Something to bear in mind when it's renewal time

I did a similar thing with my motorhome, dropping the value by 1 dropped
the premium by 50. *The bands seem to go in round 10k's so a drop of 1
can make a big difference.

Rgds,

Andy R

When my renewal was due with the Caravan Club a couple of months ago
they suggested looking at revaluing. It was discovered that taking
1000 off (to reflect the current value of the 'van) made no
difference. Anyway, she said, "they will only pay the current market
price in the event of total loss". What is the point of a value ? It
justifies a higher charge I suppose.....
Old October 8th 09, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

broadssailor wrote:

When my renewal was due with the Caravan Club a couple of months ago
they suggested looking at revaluing. It was discovered that taking
1000 off (to reflect the current value of the 'van) made no
difference. Anyway, she said, "they will only pay the current market
price in the event of total loss". What is the point of a value ? It
justifies a higher charge I suppose.....

If it is up to 10 years old, you do have the option of Super 5C
cover. It costs more, but you get back the cost of a new van.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.