Tap water pressure

Old October 11th 09, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom[_10_]

Default Tap water pressure

The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I
just be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check
such as a pressure control (?)

Old October 11th 09, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Tom submitted this idea :
The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I just
be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check such as a
pressure control (?)

I would first check the output of the pump - at the pump. Replace the
pipe on the output with a piece of garden hose and time how long it
takes it to pump 4L when compared to how long it takes to pump 4L via
the tap. I had a similar problem at just one outlet and it turned out
to be nothing more than a kink in the pipe.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old October 11th 09, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
broadssailor

On 11 Oct, 09:59, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Tom submitted this idea :

The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I just
be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check such as a
pressure control (?)

I would first check the output of the pump - at the pump. Replace the
pipe on the output with a piece of garden hose and time how long it
takes it to pump 4L when compared to how long it takes to pump 4L via
the tap. I had a similar problem at just one outlet and it turned out
to be nothing more than a kink in the pipe.

* * * * Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

When was your filter last changed?
Old October 11th 09, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom[_10_]

"broadssailor" wrote in message
On 11 Oct, 09:59, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Tom submitted this idea :

The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I
just
be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check such
as a
pressure control (?)

I would first check the output of the pump - at the pump. Replace the
pipe on the output with a piece of garden hose and time how long it
takes it to pump 4L when compared to how long it takes to pump 4L via
the tap. I had a similar problem at just one outlet and it turned out
to be nothing more than a kink in the pipe.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

When was your filter last changed?

I removed the filter last year.................

Old October 20th 09, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David P

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:45:25 +0100, Tom wrote:

The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I
just be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check
such as a pressure control (?)

Is the pressure low on both hot and cold water? If its just on the hot it
could be a non-return valve problem. We replaced ours earlier this year
on our Bailey Ranger. It hadn't had a bad life though - 12 years to fail.

Old October 25th 09, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom[_10_]

"David P" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:45:25 +0100, Tom wrote:

The tap pressure in my bailey pageant has dropped significantly should I
just be looking to buy a new pump or is there something else I can check
such as a pressure control (?)

Is the pressure low on both hot and cold water? If its just on the hot it
could be a non-return valve problem. We replaced ours earlier this year
on our Bailey Ranger. It hadn't had a bad life though - 12 years to fail.

Thanks for that.....will check