Kia sportage tow car

Old November 8th 09, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
a. clarke

Default Kia sportage tow car

Hello group has any body got any experience with this car 4wd xs version.
Pulling our coachman amara 520/4 max wieght 1500kg.

thanks in advance

Al Clarke

Old November 9th 09, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gaz[_4_]

a. clarke wrote:
Hello group has any body got any experience with this car 4wd xs
version. Pulling our coachman amara 520/4 max wieght 1500kg.

thanks in advance

Al Clarke

No experience with this vehicle, but

www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

has a comprehensive guide to towing weights arranged by make,
model and year.I know that the Kia Sportage is listed. It would
help people on this group to know a year, and engine size to be
able to help you. I have no connection with the site, except as
a happy user!
Old November 9th 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
a. clarke

"Gaz" wrote in message
a. clarke wrote:
Hello group has any body got any experience with this car 4wd xs version.
Pulling our coachman amara 520/4 max wieght 1500kg.

thanks in advance

Al Clarke

No experience with this vehicle, but

www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

has a comprehensive guide to towing weights arranged by make,
model and year.I know that the Kia Sportage is listed. It would
help people on this group to know a year, and engine size to be
able to help you. I have no connection with the site, except as
a happy user!

the vehicle i was looking at was a new 2.0crdi 4x4. kerb weight 1842kg.
gross weight 2260kg. 147bhp at 4000 torque 305Nm at 1800-2500.

Ta

Al Clarke

Old November 9th 09, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"a. clarke" wrote in message

"Gaz" wrote in message
a. clarke wrote:
Hello group has any body got any experience with this car 4wd xs
version. Pulling our coachman amara 520/4 max wieght 1500kg.

thanks in advance

Al Clarke

No experience with this vehicle, but

www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

the vehicle i was looking at was a new 2.0crdi 4x4. kerb weight 1842kg.
gross weight 2260kg. 147bhp at 4000 torque 305Nm at 1800-2500.

Ta

Al Clarke

Unfortunately the Cuddles website is getting increasingly out of date as I
don't think its been updates for 2 or 3 years. Better to try this one
www.whattowcar.com as it gives you a bit more information and you can put
both car and caravan into the mix to get a report of towing capability. It
is a Dutch site you do have sometimes to play with model numbers.

Old November 9th 09, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , a. clarke
writes

"Gaz" wrote in message
a. clarke wrote:
Hello group has any body got any experience with this car 4wd xs
version. Pulling our coachman amara 520/4 max wieght 1500kg.

thanks in advance

Al Clarke

No experience with this vehicle, but

www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

has a comprehensive guide to towing weights arranged by make,
model and year.I know that the Kia Sportage is listed. It would
help people on this group to know a year, and engine size to be
able to help you. I have no connection with the site, except as
a happy user!

the vehicle i was looking at was a new 2.0crdi 4x4. kerb weight 1842kg.
gross weight 2260kg. 147bhp at 4000 torque 305Nm at 1800-2500.

Ta

Al Clarke

Should eat it.
--
hugh

Old December 1st 09, 06:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Clarke[_2_]

forget the sportage post now Freelander brought :]

Al C

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , a. clarke
writes

Old May 26th 10, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Burton

Yep, have a 2.0 crdi 06 reg (3 year old when bought) with 17,000 miles and
at 1700kg kerbweight, it really pulls well (with a Swift Charisma 1500kg
caravan).
I would recommend the Kia Sportage. The diesels are hard to find as they
sell very quickly. Petrol versions are what you see left on the sale
forecourt. Most owners say they are reliable.

Neil

"Al Clarke" wrote in message
forget the sportage post now Freelander brought :]

Al C

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , a. clarke
writes