Thetford Toilet C250 Help Needed

Old November 17th 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default Thetford Toilet C250 Help Needed

The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on
permanently even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?
--
hugh

Old November 17th 09, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old November 18th 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on
permanently even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

Thanks I'll have a look - it does advise in the manual not to shake the
tank too vigorously, but who read the manual first?
--
hugh

Old November 18th 09, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:39:51 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

There is no float and no switch in the tank, just some sort of
magnetic rocker. Just how it works I do not know but it is very low
tech.
Bill Lord

Old November 18th 09, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

wrote:
hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

There is no float and no switch in the tank, just some sort of
magnetic rocker. Just how it works I do not know but it is very low
tech.
Bill Lord

( Get rid of the spaces *and use symbols for the hyphen at and dots )

Good Lord, a new thread on here. First for almost a week - can't be up
to much :-)
Old November 18th 09, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message
,
Lunar475 writes

wrote:
hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on
permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

There is no float and no switch in the tank, just some sort of
magnetic rocker. Just how it works I do not know but it is very low
tech.
Bill Lord

( Get rid of the spaces *and use symbols for the hyphen at and dots )

Good Lord, a new thread on here. First for almost a week - can't be up
to much :-)

Is he?
--
hugh

Old November 18th 09, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
,
Lunar475 writes

wrote:
hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on
permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

There is no float and no switch in the tank, just some sort of
magnetic rocker. Just how it works I do not know but it is very low
tech.
Bill Lord

Good Lord, a new thread on here. First for almost a week - can't be up
to much :-)

Is he?
--
hugh

take the battery out, that will make the light go off

lofty

Old November 19th 09, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Lofty
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
,
Lunar475 writes

wrote:
hugh wrote :
The waste tank nearly full warning light has decided to come on
permanently
even though the tank is empty.

Where do I start looking? How does this system work?

I would guess at a float with a magnet on it and a reed switch mounted
in the case. Check the float is free to move.

There is no float and no switch in the tank, just some sort of
magnetic rocker. Just how it works I do not know but it is very low
tech.
Bill Lord

Good Lord, a new thread on here. First for almost a week - can't be up
to much :-)

Is he?
--
hugh

take the battery out, that will make the light go off

lofty

Not if I'm on mains hook-up it won't
--
hugh

Old November 19th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Lofty
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
,
Lunar475 writes

wrote:
hugh wrote :
[...]

Wrong battery surely

The battery in mine is in the cassette compartment is the 9 volt smoke alarm type
battery

The cassette in my toilet gets emptied every day ,

Just as well as the level indicator doesn't work

;-))

DieSea

Old November 19th 09, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"DieSea" wrote in message

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Lofty
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
,
Lunar475 writes

wrote:
hugh wrote :
[...]

could be just a dirty connection on the toilet compartment battery, or bad
earth on it

lofty