Helpfull website

Old December 8th 09, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

Default Helpfull website

Hello all, check out www.idealcaravan4u.co.uk its an idea i had had for a
while, giving it a go.

Old December 8th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:17:35 -0000, "Darren Bull"
wrote:

Hello all, check out www.idealcaravan4u.co.uk its an idea i had had for a
while, giving it a go.

Darren

It seems to be all Flash. Is there a non-flash version?

Richard
--
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk
....and so, as the twin buttocks of time struggle onto the photocopier
Old December 10th 09, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave in Oz

All Flash. Do you have a real website?

Millions block Flash and don't bother with Flash websites.

Old December 10th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

I didn't know that! I am using flash because it is quick and easy to set up.
I wanted to find out if the concept would work before spending serious
money.
Not quite ready to do that yet.
I need some advice on the best way to go about it. I do think a site like
this is needed.

Old December 10th 09, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"Dave in Oz" wrote in message
All Flash. Do you have a real website?

Millions block Flash and don't bother with Flash websites.

If we did that it would mean you could hardly ever get of to a French
campsite website becuase the majority now are Flash.

Old December 10th 09, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary[_6_]

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:42:34 GMT, "Dave in Oz"
wrote:

All Flash. Do you have a real website?

Millions block Flash and don't bother with Flash websites.

"Darren Bull" wrote in message
Hello all, check out www.idealcaravan4u.co.uk its an idea i had had for a
while, giving it a go.

The site works fine here. The flash aspect doesn't get in the way, but
then I have fast access. Flash sites should work betteer as they tend
to be smaller files.

Millions block Flash and don't bother with Flash websites.

I'm not sure this is true...
Old December 10th 09, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Darren Bull
writes
Hello all, check out www.idealcaravan4u.co.uk its an idea i had had for a
while, giving it a go.

Yes I think it is, Haven't been through everything in detail but what I
have read is good basic information all in one place.
--
hugh

Old December 10th 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

"Dave in Oz" wrote in message
All Flash. Do you have a real website?

Millions block Flash and don't bother with Flash websites.

"Darren Bull" wrote in message
Hello all, check out www.idealcaravan4u.co.uk its an idea i had had for a
while, giving it a go.

Darren

I did enable Flash for the front page, as their was no other way to see it,
but Flash is nasty and Adobe leaves trail cookies on the visitors computer
that can see just where the visitor goes (See
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archive..._cookies.html).
They can be turned off but that involves going to the Adobe site (see
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html)
and turning them off there, not in your browser.

If you think that a Flash site is quicker and easier to set up then a
simple HTML site, then I suggest that you try one or other of the free
WYSISWG HTML development tools (try SourceForge) or use perhaps Easyspace,
where your site is hosted provide free tools, I know my host One & One do,
although I use Dreamweaver for most of my sites and a VB program I
developed for one of the domains.

Other problems with using Flash a
Search engines cannot easily read them and the site will be ranked down, so
new visitors will not be able to find you.
You will not be able to insert Adverts into the pages to help pay for the
site running costs.
As has already been pointed out, not everyone is happy to let Flash run on
their computers, from unknown sites.

Richard
--
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk
An Igor soon learned the secret way out of the any castle and where to
Old December 11th 09, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

Thanks for your comments, I will look into using HTML, what did put me off
was that when I produced caravanfaultfinder it took me ages to learn how to
build it and I have forgotten it all. Off to search for web building
tools.....
news