Caravan Club CL sites

Old December 8th 09, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

Default Caravan Club CL sites

Does anyone know of a place on net were Caravan Club CL sites are reviewed .
Goggled but I haven't found any. Been on quite a few cl's, most are
excellent but there has been a few hiccups. High house farm at Salcombe in
the summer was one. Site was ok but the road there......! 25 Minutes on
single track road, caravan brushing the hedges on both sides of the road,
with heavy holiday traffic was a nightmare. Places with reviews would be
very useful.

Old December 9th 09, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ganda" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a place on net were Caravan Club CL sites are reviewed .
Goggled but I haven't found any. Been on quite a few cl's, most are excellent
but there has been a few hiccups. High house farm at Salcombe in the summer was
one. Site was ok but the road there......! 25 Minutes on single track road,
caravan brushing the hedges on both sides of the road, with heavy holiday
traffic was a nightmare. Places with reviews would be very useful.

If you are a member of the CC there is a section to pass comment of your visit to
a CL on the CC website

How ever I've passed comment on several CL's I've visited and none have made it
for general publication

In my opinion its only the FAVOURABLE comments THAT ARE ALLOWED to get past the
CENSORS on most websites

A reason I don't register with any

In fact several years ago I registered with a fuel card company that was supposed
to save you money

A year later I requested to be removed from their emailing list , each time I
received an email I again requested to be removed

This time I've sent copies by recorded delivery to the Data Protection Registrar ,

I wonder what they will do after four years , NOWT probably

I recon half these websites are there to harvest details

Nowadays I'm not so gullible , I'm more paranoid

DieSea

Old December 9th 09, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JTM

In article ,
DieSea
wrote:

Nowadays I'm not so gullible , I'm more paranoid

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean #they# aren't
plotting against you -)

John

Old December 9th 09, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

Thanks, Yes I've seen that link. I followed it and was left with the
impression that it was for complaining about a certain site,so as the CC can
look into it. I've never seen a comment about any site either. Mind you, I
suppose you can run the risk of people giving a nice CL bad feedback, just
to keep others away!

Old December 9th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

Have you tried here? http://www.5van.co.uk/

Old December 9th 09, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

Have you tried here? http://www.5van.co.uk/

David

Thanks David, looks interesting. Not a large selection of cl's but as the
site grows it will be more comprehensive. Certainly will keep an eye on it

Old December 9th 09, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ganda" wrote in message
Thanks, Yes I've seen that link. I followed it and was left with the impression
that it was for complaining about a certain site,so as the CC can look into it.
I've never seen a comment about any site either. Mind you, I suppose you can run
the risk of people giving a nice CL bad feedback, just to keep others away!

Never thought of that

But then I'm not devious

I wasn't happy with Park Coppice , but that was down to ME , a grumpy old man

I've yet to get used to feral kids at 11 pm making enough noise to wake the dead
up

Or wardens doing a "Nelson touch" with the proximity of vans to the next and a
total disregard to fire hazards

I was only there for 4 days , it wasn't worth the aggro

Will I go back

NO WAY

DieSea

Old December 9th 09, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

Never thought of that

But then I'm not devious

I wasn't happy with Park Coppice , but that was down to ME , a grumpy old
man

I've yet to get used to feral kids at 11 pm making enough noise to wake
the dead up

Or wardens doing a "Nelson touch" with the proximity of vans to the next
and a total disregard to fire hazards

I was only there for 4 days , it wasn't worth the aggro

Will I go back

NO WAY

DieSea
Know what you mean! Parents who let there kids run wild, with a does not
matter, there out of my hair attitude. Also yapping dogs left in awnings
all day whilst the owner is out ARGHHH! Mind you I have only really come
across that on commercial sites. Lower Lacon at Wem and Callow Top at
Ashbourne spring to mind.

Old December 10th 09, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

"Liz Hall" wrote in message

Aren't they all like that we never found good access to any of them
Liz

I don't mind the last mile or so on single track roads, but 25 mins with few
passing places and heavy traffic a bit much.