Bracknell sites open all year

Old December 16th 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Default Bracknell sites open all year

My son has found some contract engineering work in Bracknell but due to the
travelling has to find accommodation there asap. Does anyone know a site
we could put our caravan on as a temporary measure. I am worried he would
find it too uncomfortable this weather, the van has gas and electric
heating.
Any ideas please the 2 hour journey each way from Milton Keynes is going to
be too much for him and the petrol cost too high, we are looking for a
little diesel car in the meantime for him.
Liz

Old December 16th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
My son has found some contract engineering work in Bracknell but due to
the travelling has to find accommodation there asap. Does anyone know a
site we could put our caravan on as a temporary measure. I am worried he
would find it too uncomfortable this weather, the van has gas and electric
heating.
Any ideas please the 2 hour journey each way from Milton Keynes is going
to be too much for him and the petrol cost too high, we are looking for a
little diesel car in the meantime for him.
Liz

Caravan club site is down but did a little digging around.and came up with
this cl, it's got hard standings so should be open all year:

Pinecopse Kennels
Nine Mile Ride
Wokingham
RG40 3ND
Tel 01344 772050

Also found this review
It was great!!, I imagined it was going to be a yard with a few hookups but
its like a proper little campsite with just 5 pitches, all hardstanding and
grass in between, each pitch had a hook up, water and a drain, lots of trees
and some palm trees.

There was a shower, toilet and sink in a room for ladies and same for gents,
not the ritz but clean and tidy, the pressure in the gents shower wasn't
good as they where haveing problems with it but said my husband could use
the ladies one it had a proper locking door with a key so nobody could walk
in.

The toilet block was in a courtyard which also had 3 stables for horses and
the Kennels where also near here, there was only 4 kennels and didn't hear
any noise from them.

We arrived via Bracknal so as you go down Nine mile ride you go through the
traffic lights, pass the tennis club and just as you see the hump back
railway bridge sign that is where the entrance is, it was dark when we
arrived so nearly missed it. You follow the drive round to the right in a
sort of a big U.

Now for the down sides, because you follow the drive in a U you finish up
back not far from Nine Mile Ride so there is a bit of road noise, more so at
rush hour and also over the fence is the railway line so a bit of noise from
here, It didn't bother us we got use to the road noise and the occational
train but if you want total quiet you wouldn't want to stay here.

For us it was really great being so near to Crowthorne, 5/10 min drive or 45
min walk to the centre we also got a cab back from the centre for 7.00
we'll definatly be going here again.

original web site
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/...ion=3&get=last

and http://www.kennels.co.uk/Berkshire.Slough.htm

Hope it's helped.

Glenn

Old December 16th 09, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

just checked, cc back on line, it is open all year.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/plannin...ric+hookups%3b

Old December 16th 09, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B[_6_]

"ganda" wrote in message

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
[...]

Years ago I stayed a few days with a trailer tent at 'California Chalet and
Touring Park' (http://www.californiapark.co.uk/) Rather more expensive than
a CL, but a pleasant site. maybe worth considering. Quite near the kennels
site.

John B

Old December 19th 09, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"ganda" wrote in message

just checked, cc back on line, it is open all year.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/plannin...ric+hookups%3b

Also another CL on Nine Mile Ride - The Promise, just past Gorse Ride South,
almost opposite Masdar Gardens. But I would choose California Park, just
beyond The Promise, on the North side of the road.

As an IT consultant, I've had experience of living in our 'van; in the snow
at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, cosy & warm!

Keith

Old December 20th 09, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

As an IT consultant, I've had experience of living in our 'van; in the
snow at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, cosy & warm!

Keith

Can't agree more. Got a 2000 eccles Moonstone and go all year round. It's
guaranteed 20 degrees inside at 0 degrees outside. It really is cosy. Only
problems I have found is the water freezing in the Aqua roll, which I
remedied by putting it in the carry bag I purchased for it. I also wrap a
tea towel around the pump. One other problem is the mains water on the site
freezing, but that said the tap on the outside of a toilet block always
seems to run and on a cl where the mains water has frozen up, the owner will
always let you fill up from inside the house. When you caravan in the winter
you look forward to warmth and light nights of the summer. When you caravan
in the summer, towards the end of the season, you look forward to the
cosiness of the winter. Can't understand why people feel the season has
ended when the cold weather arrives!

Glenn

Old January 1st 10, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Use on-board water supply. Could lag Aquaroll and piping, install a
'tropical fishtank' heater.... but I stick with the tried 'n' trusted
on-board solution (being a simple bloke).
Keith

Old January 5th 10, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

Everything should be fine. Lag the aquaroll and pump, or take inside at
night. Leave heater on low and there will be no problems at all. Make sure
smoke alarm is functional, as you just never know. I lag aqua roll with
aqua roll carry bag. Lag the pump, I use a couple of tea towels wrapped
around it, and every thing is fine. I have woken up everything iced over
outside and filled the kettle for a brew from the kitchen tap. It was so
cold, bloke opposite could not get his awaning down, it had frozen in the
rail. I have only once had to get water from farm house but that was no
problem really.

Glenn