Cheap way for a mobile dongle

Old December 20th 09, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Cheap way for a mobile dongle

I have just ordered a Vodaphone mobile dongle from Teco online at a
cost of 29.99, it comes with 15 worth of credit included. But by
adding this code TDX-EE64 in the vouchers part of the checkout I get
2000 club card points. 2000 club card points converts to 20 of my
next bill at tesco be it for graceries, fuel, or something else from
tesco on line.
It strikes me that this must be a bargain vodaphone will not make much
out of me as the 1gb of download ( with an unlimited time span as long
as I use it once or twice a year ) will last me almost forever for the
things I am likely to do whilst I am away from home.
Bill Lord

Old December 20th 09, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

"bill lord" wrote in message
I have just ordered a Vodaphone mobile dongle from Teco online at a
cost of 29.99, it comes with 15 worth of credit included. But by
adding this code TDX-EE64 in the vouchers part of the checkout I get
2000 club card points. 2000 club card points converts to 20 of my
next bill at tesco be it for graceries, fuel, or something else from
tesco on line.
It strikes me that this must be a bargain vodaphone will not make much
out of me as the 1gb of download ( with an unlimited time span as long
as I use it once or twice a year ) will last me almost forever for the
things I am likely to do whilst I am away from home.
Bill Lord

Hi Bill.
Convert your 20 of points to 80 worth of days out vouchers and it's even
more of a bargain. Have a look at
http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/...4&bid=HDaysOut

Regards, Graham

--

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Old December 20th 09, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 20 Dec, 15:18, bill lord wrote:
I have just ordered a Vodaphone mobile dongle from Teco online at a
cost of 29.99, it comes with 15 worth of credit included. But by
adding this code TDX-EE64 *in the vouchers part of the checkout I get
2000 club card points. 2000 club card points converts to 20 of my
next bill at tesco be it for graceries, fuel, or something else from
tesco on line.
It strikes me that this must be a bargain vodaphone will not make much
out of me as the 1gb of download ( with an unlimited time span as long
as I use it once or twice a year ) will last me almost forever for the
things I am likely to do whilst I am away from home.
Bill Lord

( Get rid of the spaces *and use symbols for the hyphen at and dots )

Conflicts a bit with your vow of poverty............
Old December 20th 09, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:18:46 +0000, bill lord
wrote:

I have just ordered a Vodaphone mobile dongle from Teco online at a
cost of 29.99, it comes with 15 worth of credit included. But by
adding this code TDX-EE64 in the vouchers part of the checkout I get
2000 club card points. 2000 club card points converts to 20 of my
next bill at tesco be it for graceries, fuel, or something else from
tesco on line.
It strikes me that this must be a bargain vodaphone will not make much
out of me as the 1gb of download ( with an unlimited time span as long
as I use it once or twice a year ) will last me almost forever for the
things I am likely to do whilst I am away from home.
Bill Lord

Can't you tell from Bills post that he is absolutely furious :-)
Old December 20th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

Bill:

Thanks for the heads-up on this - I was going to get one of these from
Vodafone, now made a saving and got bonus points too!

Nigel.

Old December 20th 09, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

I got one of the voda dongle's a few months back

It does what it says on the box , Just about

If you are within a reasonable foot print Skype will work

I was in Dumfries and Galloway a month or so back and downloading emails was like
the old days of 75 /1200 Prestel email

Still its useful , just make sure you use it ever 4 months or so otherwise you'll
lose your data

With more and more people using one things are not going to improve

Happy Christmas All

DieSea

Old December 20th 09, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

DieSea submitted this idea :
If you are within a reasonable foot print Skype will work

I was in Dumfries and Galloway a month or so back and downloading emails was
like
the old days of 75 /1200 Prestel email

Get hold of a long USB extension, fit the dongle in some sort of
plastic water proof housing (small plastic wine bottle etc.), then fix
it high up and outside. Improves the signal massively, compared to
inside the van.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old December 20th 09, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
DieSea submitted this idea :
If you are within a reasonable foot print Skype will work

I was in Dumfries and Galloway a month or so back and downloading emails was
like
the old days of 75 /1200 Prestel email

Get hold of a long USB extension, fit the dongle in some sort of plastic water
proof housing (small plastic wine bottle etc.), then fix it high up and outside.
Improves the signal massively, compared to inside the van.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Did that Harry

I've been playing with the 3G dongle for a year or two

That dongle is a waste of space not only because it its as deaf as a post

But also because of the time constraint of bundle

If you don't use the bundle within the 30 days you've lost what's left

3G changed the dongle twice and then of course it ran out of guarantee

I bought that dongle in the early days when it was 99.99

Its does have one saving grace and that is that the NAT is not as bad as the Voda
dongle and used to work with Echolink

DieSea

Old December 20th 09, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 08:35:29 -0800 (PST), Lunar475
wrote:

Conflicts a bit with your vow of poverty............

I was really annoyed with them, so much so that I could not resist
their offer. (:-)
Bill Lord

Old December 21st 09, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:42:07 -0000, "GrahamW" wrote:

Hi Bill.
Convert your 20 of points to 80 worth of days out vouchers and it's even
more of a bargain. Have a look at
http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/...4&bid=HDaysOut

Regards, Graham

I would agree but it is only even more of a bargain if it is something
we would be doing anyway.

Bill Lord