Changing Regulator On Butane Cylinder

Old January 4th 10, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Usenet Nutter

Default Changing Regulator On Butane Cylinder

Not strictly a caravanning question but I'm sure to get a sensible
answer here .
I have a portable DeLonghi gas heater at home that is using MacGas (
possibly also known in England as Handy Gas?) It uses a 20mm
regulator but I have an unused 21mm regulator bought when I had a
different heater using Calor Butane . I was proposing to swap the
regulators and get myself a Calor bottle .
I take it that there is no problem in doing this with the usual
precautions about ensuring no leaks at the hose?

Can I also ask about cylinder colours ..MacGas uses pale blue and
afail Caloe still use dark blue but I saw on a website
www.flogas.co.uk
where it said
http://www.flogas.co.uk/pdf/butane-safety.pdf

"Cylinders coloured Blue use
a 20mm regulator whilst those coloured yellow/gold
use a 21mm regulator."

Does this ( yellow gold) only refer to Flogas and is there no protocol
about cylinder colours ...I thought there was .
Old January 4th 10, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Usenet Nutter

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:08:42 -0000, "rick stevens"
wrote:

I use a 'cheap' gas supplier and I think it depends on the age of the
cylinder. The bottle I have had have varied between both sizes of
regulators

But surely bottles and reg'rs have to match don't they ?
Old January 4th 10, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"rick stevens" wrote in message

I use a 'cheap' gas supplier and I think it depends on the age of the
cylinder. The bottle I have had have varied between both sizes of
regulators

But surely bottles and reg'rs have to match don't they ?

Yes, I have both sizes and I just swap them over dependant on what size bottle
is delivered. Must admit though I havent used much butane in the past year, BBQ
season was a bit of a washout, and I went to propane on the caravan

Perhaps this question should be asked

For PROPANE do all the suppliers use a Standard Connection

As I've always used calor gas I know that the propane regulator fits from the
smallest to the 47 Kg bottle

The local supplier ( name less !! ) charges 19.00 for a 6 Kg bottle and 45.00
for a 47 Kg bottle

I've just got back from a wee in Scotland ( it was -10 C ) I used about 2/3 of a
19 Kg bottle but didn't have any problems with freezing

Water was a different story ;- ))))

DieSea

Old January 4th 10, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rick Stevens

Perhaps this question should be asked

For PROPANE do all the suppliers use a Standard Connection

As I've always used calor gas I know that the propane regulator fits from
the smallest to the 47 Kg bottle

The local supplier ( name less !! ) charges 19.00 for a 6 Kg bottle and
45.00 for a 47 Kg bottle

I've just got back from a wee in Scotland ( it was -10 C ) I used about
2/3 of a 19 Kg bottle but didn't have any problems with freezing

Water was a different story ;- ))))

DieSea

You're a braver man than me ! bit too nippy for my taste

Old January 4th 10, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"rick stevens" wrote in message

As I've always used calor gas I know that the propane regulator fits from the
smallest to the 47 Kg bottle

The local supplier ( name less !! ) charges 19.00 for a 6 Kg bottle and 45.00
for a 47 Kg bottle

I've just got back from a wee in Scotland ( it was -10 C ) I used about 2/3 of
a 19 Kg bottle but didn't have any problems with freezing

Water was a different story ;- ))))

DieSea

You're a braver man than me ! bit too nippy for my taste

Snug as a bug in a rug

Gas fire on low

No telly to watch , just the radio

And the 110 A hour battery lasted all week

Could have gone skating on the Loch beside but decided I didn't need a bath !!

DieSea

Old January 4th 10, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Usenet Nutter

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:57:29 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

"rick stevens" wrote in message

As I've always used calor gas I know that the propane regulator fits from the
smallest to the 47 Kg bottle

The local supplier ( name less !! ) charges 19.00 for a 6 Kg bottle and 45.00
for a 47 Kg bottle

I've just got back from a wee in Scotland ( it was -10 C ) I used about 2/3 of
a 19 Kg bottle but didn't have any problems with freezing

Water was a different story ;- ))))

DieSea

You're a braver man than me ! bit too nippy for my taste

Snug as a bug in a rug

Gas fire on low

No telly to watch , just the radio

And the 110 A hour battery lasted all week

Could have gone skating on the Loch beside but decided I didn't need a bath !!

DieSea

"Just got back from a wee in Scotland " ???

I'm sure that means something ..lol

Talking about Skating on a Loch ...they are considering having a
Bonspiel ( Curling Match) on Lake of Menteith which is near Callendar
...The ice has to be tested for thickness but looks like it's the
thickest it has been in many years .
Old January 4th 10, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"rick stevens" wrote in message
news

lol - what caravan were you in? We've got a Bailey Pageant Burgundy - not sure
I'd fancy -10 in it though

--

We've got a Coachman 580/4 TA

Its surprising how you can keep it warm with just a low light on the gas fire

Its a learning experience at first how to get and keep the van warm

First night up its a case of turn the fire on , open all the doors and go out for
a meal and a pint

Come back the 'vans aired ,

For water we have a 10 litre bottle for water , if you want hot and cold running
water its across at the Looes

We don't bother setting the loo up or getting the water primed , you could forget
to drain it when you leave

We'll be up again in 10 days for a week or so ,

We're not bothered whether it snows or not , it was good fun playing in the forest
tracks

Didn't get stuck by idiots that dint know how to cope in snow & ice conditions

DieSea

Old January 4th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in message

"Just got back from a wee in Scotland " ???

I'm sure that means something ..lol

Talking about Skating on a Loch ...they are considering having a
Bonspiel ( Curling Match) on Lake of Menteith which is near Callendar
..The ice has to be tested for thickness but looks like it's the
thickest it has been in many years .

OK

I left the "K" out

Make it WEEK

Some one had to pick me up on that

The roads were dodgy , and it wasn't helped by idiots he needed to be there the
day before yesterday

I think we'll be up a couple of times a month for 4 or 5 days

We're getting to know the locals and they're a friendly bunch

DieSea