Caravan Covers

Old January 29th 10, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jeremy Pinwhistle[_2_]

Default Caravan Covers

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a full-size cover please.
We hae a Bailey Senator and would like to keep it covered for a few months
next winter. I've heard all sorts of stories about corners being rubbed etc.
Although the dealer said that covering it was definitely the thing to do
over winter?
Cheers,
Steve.

Old January 31st 10, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

"Jeremy Pinwhistle" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a full-size cover please.
We hae a Bailey Senator and would like to keep it covered for a few months
next winter. I've heard all sorts of stories about corners being rubbed
etc. Although the dealer said that covering it was definitely the thing to
do over winter?
Cheers,
Steve.

Don't cover it over in winter, use it. People shy away from caravanning in
the winter, trust me it marvellous! No crowded sights. Your caravan is cosy
warm. The British countryside in the winter is stunning. I always light a
bbq no matter how cold, I cook the meat and my wife prepares the rest, a few
beers and whiskey soon warm you up! Honestly try it, it's a relaxing, no
pressure, not crowded weekend break.

Old January 31st 10, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:36:40 -0000, "Jeremy Pinwhistle"
wrote:

Although the dealer said that covering it was definitely the thing to do
over winter?

He would say that - he sells them.

If you HAVE to park under a tree, they are a good idea.
Other than that, they can cause problems if they are not fitted
correctly. Any movement by the wind can scuff paint or windows.

Awning rail protectors are a far better use of your money.
My van has been parked since last September, and, apart from a few
black streaks which are easily wiped off, looks a good as when I left
it.