Gas change

Old February 7th 10, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

Default Gas change

We have a 2007 Bailey Pageant fitted with a (propane) bulkhead gas regulator
for Calor Gas. We are to go touring for a number of months in France etc so
will undoubtedly run out of gas while there.

When changing to Camping Gaz (or whatever) do we need to change the bulkhead
regulator, or what?
Paul

Old February 7th 10, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

--

No. Just the pigtail, the pipe from the regulator to the gas bottle.
Old February 7th 10, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

wrote:

We have a 2007 Bailey Pageant fitted with a (propane) bulkhead
gas regulator
for Calor Gas. We are to go touring for a number of months in
France etc so
will undoubtedly run out of gas while there.

When changing to Camping Gaz (or whatever) do we need to change
the bulkhead
regulator, or what?
--

No. Just the pigtail, the pipe from the regulator to the gas
bottle.

Check, but you'll probably find the regulator is universal - most
are these days.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old February 7th 10, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Woody" wrote in message
"artleknock" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 10:49:34 GMT, "Paul U" wrote:

We have a 2007 Bailey Pageant fitted with a (propane) bulkhead gas
regulator
for Calor Gas. We are to go touring for a number of months in France etc
so
will undoubtedly run out of gas while there.

When changing to Camping Gaz (or whatever) do we need to change the
bulkhead
regulator, or what?
--

No. Just the pigtail, the pipe from the regulator to the gas bottle.

Check, but you'll probably find the regulator is universal - most are
these days.

I think the gas used by Camping gas will be the same as we use in our
Calor/Flogas bottles.
When they say Camping Gaz do they mean the very small cylinders campers use?
If so it will be the bottle connector that will be different to a caravan.
What cylinders do the French Caravans use?
Will he have to buy one then get it refilled if needed.

Old February 7th 10, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"Paul U" wrote in message
om...
We have a 2007 Bailey Pageant fitted with a (propane) bulkhead gas
regulator for Calor Gas. We are to go touring for a number of months in
France etc so will undoubtedly run out of gas while there.

When changing to Camping Gaz (or whatever) do we need to change the
bulkhead regulator, or what?

Paul

We regularly go to Europe for between 6 and 8 weeks and one bottle tends to
last us all that time. OK its only used for cooking. You may find that you
have enough gas. However the Camping Gaz is useful 'belt and braces'
provision as its readily available, albeit expensive, in most countries in
Europe. As has already been said all you require is the right pigtail which
any caravan accessory shop should be able to sell you.

Old February 8th 10, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

"Paul U" wrote in message
om...
We have a 2007 Bailey Pageant fitted with a (propane) bulkhead gas
regulator for Calor Gas. We are to go touring for a number of months in
France etc so will undoubtedly run out of gas while there.

When changing to Camping Gaz (or whatever) do we need to change the
bulkhead regulator, or what?

Thanks to all for your help.

We're looking at 6 months, so may well be visiting a French shop!

Paul U