Cleaning Caravan Tanks and Pipes

Old February 15th 10, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS[_2_]

Default Cleaning Caravan Tanks and Pipes

Its that time of year again where I will need to clean and sterilise the On
board tank and pipes.

In the past I used that powdered stuff which did not disolve, Last year I
used the new Organic stuff "cittrox"

this year i want to use something else, How good Is Milton? or what about
chlorine (I have it for the spa)??

any ideas?

Lee

Old February 15th 10, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"REDSKINS" wrote in message
Its that time of year again where I will need to clean and sterilise the On
board tank and pipes.

In the past I used that powdered stuff which did not disolve, Last year I used
the new Organic stuff "cittrox"

this year i want to use something else, How good Is Milton? or what about
chlorine (I have it for the spa)??

any ideas?

Lee

Milton or any thing like that

KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THE IMMERSION HEATER

I was told 40 years back if its ok for babies bottles its not going to do much
harm

All I've ever done in 40+ years of caravanning is flush all pipes and tanks out
with lots of fresh running water

DieSea

Old February 16th 10, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

I never bother.

But then I don't drink from the caravan system. For drinking water I buy a
5 litre bottle at the supermarket, then top it up at the tap.

Old February 16th 10, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS[_2_]

"TTT" wrote in message ...
I never bother.

But then I don't drink from the caravan system. For drinking water I buy
a 5 litre bottle at the supermarket, then top it up at the tap.

I dont drink from it either, but when you come into contact with it
showering, washing up etc, I think you need something to kill off any
bacteria that may have grown.

Lee

Old November 22nd 12, 04:38 AM
Clark0 Clark0 is offline
Banned

Location: Canada

Hi dear am newbie here and i read this forum it's really nice and informative i really like it i get most of useful information from it which can prove beneficial for me i was need some similar post's but i get your post on first search on Google search engine it's fulfill my need i really appreciate it and keep it up!!