Go Outdoors and Calor gas

Old March 16th 10, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Go Outdoors and Calor gas

Visited our local store today found everything dual priced, one high price
one low price.
In a lot of cases thought the high price was inflated to make the lower
price look a bargain low.

To get the lower prices you have to buy a card at 4 per year.

My question is on Calor 6 KG Propane, was marked at 18.55 RRP and low price
with card 16.65
What are Calor actually charging at other places?

Old March 16th 10, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 16 Mar, 17:11, "David" wrote:
Visited our local store today found everything dual priced, one high price
one low price.
In a lot of cases thought the high price was inflated to make the lower
price look a bargain low.

To get the lower prices you have to buy a card at 4 per year.

My question is on Calor 6 KG Propane, was marked at 18.55 RRP and low price
with card 16.65
What are Calor actually charging at other places?

Currently Calor charge 16.99 for a standard 6 kg Propane cylinder.
They don't list a price for Calor lite.

https://secure.calor.co.uk/ordercalo...geType=propane

Old March 16th 10, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"David" wrote in message
Visited our local store today found everything dual priced, one high price one
low price.
In a lot of cases thought the high price was inflated to make the lower price
look a bargain low.

To get the lower prices you have to buy a card at 4 per year.

My question is on Calor 6 KG Propane, was marked at 18.55 RRP and low price
with card 16.65
What are Calor actually charging at other places?

About 16.50 for the 6 KG one for me locally

Before Christmas I got 2 x 19 Kg for 20.00 each now they're 25.00 each

Each 19 KG lasted me about 7 days even during the cold weather

Cheaper than paying 3.00 a night for electric and only getting 19 hours

The Calor Lites I'm told are about 3.00 extra

DieSea

Old March 16th 10, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"DieSea" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
Visited our local store today found everything dual priced, one high
price one low price.
In a lot of cases thought the high price was inflated to make the lower
price look a bargain low.

To get the lower prices you have to buy a card at 4 per year.

My question is on Calor 6 KG Propane, was marked at 18.55 RRP and low
price with card 16.65
What are Calor actually charging at other places?

About 16.50 for the 6 KG one for me locally

Before Christmas I got 2 x 19 Kg for 20.00 each now they're 25.00 each

Each 19 KG lasted me about 7 days even during the cold weather

Cheaper than paying 3.00 a night for electric and only getting 19 hours

The Calor Lites I'm told are about 3.00 extra

Thank you guys you have confirmed to me that Go Outdoors are, as I wondered,
having high 'normal' prices to make their discount card prices look good.

Old March 18th 10, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

My local garage charge 25 for a 6kg propane, last time I asked.

I went elsewhere.