Small Van - Advice?

Old March 18th 10, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dystopia[_2_]

Default Small Van - Advice?

I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?
--

Dystopia
Old March 18th 10, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Dystopia
wrote:
I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?

Trailer tent?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old March 18th 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerard

"Dystopia" schreef in bericht
I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?
--

http://www.freedomcaravans.com/freed...y-le-i681.html

Gerard.

Old March 18th 10, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:31:41 +0000, Dystopia wrote:

I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?

It depends upon which small vehicle and it's weight and even in some
cases whether the manufacturers have tested it as a tow car. However
you would probab;y find that you could tow almost any of the feedom
caravans and most likely vans such as the early 90's Lunar meteorite,
ABI Monza 360/2, and the Eldis wisp of the same era.
Bill Lord

Old March 19th 10, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil McD.[_3_]

"Dystopia" wrote in message
I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?
--

Dystopia

Silverline Nova Princess - if you can find one!

Neil.

Old March 19th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

On 18 Mar, 20:31, Dystopia wrote:
I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. * I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. * What would you suggest please?
--

Dystopia

While I would be the last to criticise your car (I started caravaning
with an early Mini which eventually grew up to 1.3), please bear in
mind that progress will be very slow. Hill starts will be difficult
and head winds can be a real problem. There were times when I couldn't
use top gear on a motorway if I had a strong head wind. A slight
increase to 1.6 brings big dividends.

Have you looked at folding caravans? The lower frontal area may help a
lot.

John
Old March 20th 10, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:31:41 +0000, Dystopia wrote:

I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?

If I were in the market for something like this, I would give a
Stimson Pod serious consideration!

Neil

Old March 21st 10, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:37:07 +0000, Neil
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:31:41 +0000, Dystopia wrote:

I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?

If I were in the market for something like this, I would give a
Stimson Pod serious consideration!

Neil

Sorry, that's a Stimson Multi Pod - www.stimsondesigns.com

Neil
Old March 21st 10, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Look at the Eriba Puck.

See

http://www.eriba-uk.com/touring.cfm

You can tow a puck with a mini.

Doug
Old March 21st 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dribbler[_2_]

"Dystopia" wrote in message
I only have a small 1.3L vehicle and in any case do not want a large
van to tow. I will be touring mainly and only require something my
wife and I can sleep in over-night and make a cup of tea in the
morning. What would you suggest please?
--

Dystopia

I suggest item number 300409345897 on EBay right now! Brilliant light weight
caravan.