Tyron bands

Old March 23rd 10, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Wally

Default Tyron bands

I need to get two new tyres fitted to my van.
The problem is the wheels are fitted with Tyron bands
and I can't find anyone that can fit these.
I have tried all the major tyre fitters in this area, most of
them have never heard of TBs and other say that special
equipment is needed.
Comments and/or advice please.

Wally

Old March 23rd 10, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Wally" wrote in message
I need to get two new tyres fitted to my van.
The problem is the wheels are fitted with Tyron bands
and I can't find anyone that can fit these.
I have tried all the major tyre fitters in this area, most of
them have never heard of TBs and other say that special
equipment is needed.
Comments and/or advice please.

Kwik-fit MOBILE, note mobile and not centers. (think 20 extra is charged)

http://www.kwik-fit.com/caravan-tyre...fety-bands.asp

Remember if you have a puncture when out how do you go on when no one knows
how to get your tyre off to repair or replace.
When I realized that I got rid of my Tyron Bands.

Old March 23rd 10, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"David" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message
I need to get two new tyres fitted to my van.
The problem is the wheels are fitted with Tyron bands
and I can't find anyone that can fit these.
I have tried all the major tyre fitters in this area, most of
them have never heard of TBs and other say that special
equipment is needed.
Comments and/or advice please.

Kwik-fit MOBILE, note mobile and not centers. (think 20 extra is
charged)

http://www.kwik-fit.com/caravan-tyre...fety-bands.asp

Remember if you have a puncture when out how do you go on when no one
knows how to get your tyre off to repair or replace.
When I realized that I got rid of my Tyron Bands.

I'd have bought their portable fitting machine instead
http://www.tyron.com/tyron-MultiBands.pdf

Rgds,

Andy R

Old March 23rd 10, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW

"David" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message
I need to get two new tyres fitted to my van.
The problem is the wheels are fitted with Tyron bands
and I can't find anyone that can fit these.
I have tried all the major tyre fitters in this area, most of
them have never heard of TBs and other say that special
equipment is needed.
Comments and/or advice please.

Kwik-fit MOBILE, note mobile and not centers. (think 20 extra is
charged)

http://www.kwik-fit.com/caravan-tyre...fety-bands.asp

Remember if you have a puncture when out how do you go on when no one
knows how to get your tyre off to repair or replace.
When I realized that I got rid of my Tyron Bands.

My local Kwik Fit centre replaced a tyre on a wheel with tyrons with no
extra charge. The manager reckons its all part of the service although he
did say that most of their depots wont touch them. I dont think the actual
fitters were too keen though.

Old March 23rd 10, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"KAW" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry I might have mislead you.
The 20 extra I quoted is what you pay for the Mobile service to attend over
the pricelist of a local site for what ever you require, not the extra for
Tyrons.

Old March 23rd 10, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , KAW
writes

"David" wrote in message

"Wally" wrote in message
[...]

I had one replaced on a previous van - only difference was you required
the tool - a very long allen key. I loaned them mine, which I was given
with the van. No problem.

It would seem some tyre places simply don't know of them or how to fit
them.
--
hugh

Old March 23rd 10, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"Andy R" wrote in message

I'd have bought their portable fitting machine instead
http://www.tyron.com/tyron-MultiBands.pdf

Rgds,

Andy

That looks an interesting bit of kit. Could you give us an idea of the cost?
I have had to talk a couple of tyre fitters through the process!

Old March 24th 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"David Klyne" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Andy R" wrote in message

I'd have bought their portable fitting machine instead
http://www.tyron.com/tyron-MultiBands.pdf

Rgds,

Andy

That looks an interesting bit of kit. Could you give us an idea of the
cost? I have had to talk a couple of tyre fitters through the process!

35 IIRC but you'll find it on the site or search google for "tyron
portable" it'll point you in the right direction.

Rgds,

Andy R