Dunlop SP Sport 200 tyres.

Old March 25th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul[_12_]

Default Dunlop SP Sport 200 tyres.

I've had a fruitless search for replacement tyres for my Odyssey 482 -
the current tyres are well overdue for replacement (Dunlop SP Sport
200 195/70/14 95N, but not sure what to buy to replace them. Kwik
fit seem to do budget reinforced tyres for 39/50 each fitted, but
would prefer a name tyre.

Comments on tyre quality and availability.

pcjbt(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Paul
Old March 25th 10, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Paul" wrote in message
I've had a fruitless search for replacement tyres for my Odyssey 482 -
the current tyres are well overdue for replacement (Dunlop SP Sport
200 195/70/14 95N, but not sure what to buy to replace them. Kwik
fit seem to do budget reinforced tyres for 39/50 each fitted, but
would prefer a name tyre.

Comments on tyre quality and availability.

pcjbt(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Could not find anyone who could supply me with tyres for my 2003 Bailey
caravan.
Ended up at my Bailey dealer and had no problem at all. Being a caravan
dealer I expected to have to pay a sky high price, was pleasantly surprised
to be charged a similar price to what I would pay at a quick fit for my car
tyres. He held stock and fitted while I waited.

Old March 25th 10, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:47:06 -0700 (PDT), Paul
wrote:

I've had a fruitless search for replacement tyres for my Odyssey 482 -
the current tyres are well overdue for replacement (Dunlop SP Sport
200 195/70/14 95N, but not sure what to buy to replace them. Kwik
fit seem to do budget reinforced tyres for 39/50 each fitted, but
would prefer a name tyre.

Comments on tyre quality and availability.

pcjbt(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Paul

If my tyres needed replacing I would buy whatever I could find
anything must be a lot better than what you have on. The tyres that
Kwikfit have are not from major recognisable companies, however they
are of a higher weight rating than the ones you have so will do the
job at least as well. The tyres they sell are those that people with
ordinary vans use and generally they do a very good job I would not be
too concerned simply because they do not have the name Dunlop or
Michelin or something else, generally for the sort of purpose you need
the budget tyres are at least as good as anything else.
Bill Lord

Old March 25th 10, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul[_12_]

wrote:

[...]

( Get rid of the spaces *and use symbols for the hyphen at and dots )

Thanks for the replies, I've almost come to the conclusion that the
Dunlops must be discontinued and will probably go for the Kwik Fit
ones - I'm just a little cautious in light of the recent TV program
about 'cheap' tyres and their ability to 'hold' the road.

Paul
Old March 25th 10, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:35:31 -0700 (PDT), Paul
wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I've almost come to the conclusion that the
Dunlops must be discontinued and will probably go for the Kwik Fit
ones - I'm just a little cautious in light of the recent TV program
about 'cheap' tyres and their ability to 'hold' the road.

But the question arises at what point do they lose their grip? I would
suggest that with a caravan on the back that you are unlikely to be
driving at anywhere near the speeds necessary for the tyres to reach
their limits. How we drive when towing is vastly different from the
way some people drive solo.
Bill Lord