Elecsol Carbon Fibre Batteries

Old April 7th 10, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default Elecsol Carbon Fibre Batteries

Time to buy a new leisure battery and I spotted one of these in the
local dealer's. I was a bit surprised that the assistant made no attempt
to sell me one at all even though they had no other 110aHs in stock.

Did a Google and found a few people very critical of Elecsol's after
sales service when they came to make a claim under the 5 year warranty.

Those who had had no need to make a warranty claim thought they were
very good batteries albeit about 50% more expensive.

Anyone had any experience of these batteries or this company?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old April 12th 10, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Time to buy a new leisure battery and I spotted one of these in the local
dealer's. I was a bit surprised that the assistant made no attempt to sell
me one at all even though they had no other 110aHs in stock.

Did a Google and found a few people very critical of Elecsol's after sales
service when they came to make a claim under the 5 year warranty.

Those who had had no need to make a warranty claim thought they were very
good batteries albeit about 50% more expensive.

Anyone had any experience of these batteries or this company?
--
hugh

I'm a bit vague on detail, (getting old)

Mine wouldn't hold its charge and I contacted them by phone. I had to chase
about a bit to find my receipts and stuff. I supplied them with daily volt
meter readings for a week or so There was a short delay, about 2 weeks as I
recall . They had originally said that they would deliver to my home and
collect the duff one but in the event they delivered to my dealer who I pass
on a daily basis and didn't need to return the old one but had the hassle of
disposing at freecycling centre. Dealer said that they didn't sell many but
mine was the first problem that they had had. This was around 15 months ago

On a day to day basis seems ok, no problem but due to serious illness and
major ops has not had a full testing. It's on charge in the van on timer for
2 hrs per day.

Smiler

Old April 13th 10, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Apr 12, 4:17*pm, "Smiler" wrote:
"hugh" ] wrote in message

[...]

I had two new ones that were obviously faulty and they were replaced
immediately with no problem. I've had 12 of these batteries (use them
for work etc) with no other problems. They certainly outlast cheaper
ones.

Bill
Old April 13th 10, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message
,
" writes
On Apr 12, 4:17*pm, "Smiler" wrote:
"hugh" ] wrote in message

[...]

Interesting to hear different experiences. Maybe it's more effective to
most of the problems seem to have been.

My impression is that these batteries have a fairly high failure rate
compared to standard but if they are OK then they are as it says on the
tin.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old April 15th 10, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry[_6_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
,
" writes
On Apr 12, 4:17 pm, "Smiler" wrote:
"hugh" ] wrote in message

[...]

Interesting to hear different experiences. Maybe it's more effective to go
back to the retailer rather than to Elecsol direct which is where most of
the problems seem to have been.

My impression is that these batteries have a fairly high failure rate
compared to standard but if they are OK then they are as it says on the
tin.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

I have one which is now twelve years old, absolute magic, will not hesitate
to buy another when this one gives up. Before that I was lucky to get three
years out of one.
Barry