CL booking

Old April 9th 10, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Default CL booking

Last Friday, on arriving at the CL where I had booked by phone
last September, and despite my deposit cheque having cleared,
there was no booking recorded.

In the end space was found for us, though there were 8 outfits
that night.

Perhaps my mistake was not asking for a receipt. What about
bookings where no deposit is asked for? I know that no-shows are
a significant problem, but how widespread are lost bookings?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old April 23rd 10, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda[_2_]

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Last Friday, on arriving at the CL where I had booked by phone
last September, and despite my deposit cheque having cleared,
there was no booking recorded.

In the end space was found for us, though there were 8 outfits
that night.

Perhaps my mistake was not asking for a receipt. What about
bookings where no deposit is asked for? I know that no-shows are
a significant problem, but how widespread are lost bookings?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

You weren't by any chance near Much Wenlock were you.....?

Old April 24th 10, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

ganda wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
Last Friday, on arriving at the CL where I had booked by phone
last September, and despite my deposit cheque having cleared,
there was no booking recorded.

In the end space was found for us, though there were 8 outfits
that night.

Perhaps my mistake was not asking for a receipt. What about
bookings where no deposit is asked for? I know that no-shows are
a significant problem, but how widespread are lost bookings?

You weren't by any chance near Much Wenlock were you.....?

No, rather nearer Ironbridge.

Chris

Old April 24th 10, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda[_2_]

ganda wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
. ..
Last Friday, on arriving at the CL where I had booked by phone
last September, and despite my deposit cheque having cleared,
there was no booking recorded.

In the end space was found for us, though there were 8 outfits
that night.

Perhaps my mistake was not asking for a receipt. What about
bookings where no deposit is asked for? I know that no-shows are
a significant problem, but how widespread are lost bookings?

You weren't by any chance near Much Wenlock were you.....?

No, rather nearer Ironbridge.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Leo Farm at Benthall I presume, I was on there as well. When I made the
booking he failed to tell me I would be stuck near his greenhouse. It was
far from ideal, I was stuck up the corner by his barn. Shame really because
the site looks quite nice. I think there has to be some tolerance shown as
he had just lost his wife, apparently it was her that dealt with the booking
side of things.
As I have said shame really, it did look a nice site under the right
conditions.

Glenn

Old April 24th 10, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

ganda wrote:

As I have said shame really, it did look a nice site under the right
conditions.

The whole point of my original posting was not to point the
finger at anybody, rather to see if others had had similar
experience of "lost" bookings, or could suggest ways of making it
less likely. From the lack of response, it seems not.

Chris

Old April 25th 10, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda[_2_]

ganda wrote:

As I have said shame really, it did look a nice site under the right
conditions.

The whole point of my original posting was not to point the
finger at anybody, rather to see if others had had similar
experience of "lost" bookings, or could suggest ways of making it
less likely. From the lack of response, it seems not.

Chris
--

I'm sure you didn't, just found it quite a coincidence. My tip is, I ring a
couple of weeks before just to confirm everything is ok. Thus giving you