Bailey Pageant 2 berth 2003 Tyre pressure?

Old April 22nd 10, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Bailey Pageant 2 berth 2003 Tyre pressure?

Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.
Old April 22nd 10, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, David
wrote:
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

What tyres has it got, and what is it's max permitted weight?

From the tyre spec[1], you can determine the max tyre load and pressure, and
trim the pressure a bit depending on how much margin the tyres have.

[1] See
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/...es-advice.html
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old April 22nd 10, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

What tyres has it got, and what is it's max permitted weight?

From the tyre spec[1], you can determine the max tyre load and pressure,
and trim the pressure a bit depending on how much margin the tyres have.

[1] See
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/...es-advice.html
--

Thanks for the info. but I do not wish to be guessing.
I have lost handbook and as I said I used to put in 42/44 'ish. I think.

Old April 22nd 10, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"David" wrote in message
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

Why not e-mail Bailey Customer Services with model and tyre details. They
may even be able to send you a new handbook. There is one web forum that
Bailey actually participate in, I can give you details if you wish.

Old April 22nd 10, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

wrote:
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

What tyres has it got, and what is it's max permitted weight?

From the tyre spec[1], you can determine the max tyre load and
pressure, and trim the pressure a bit depending on how much margin
the tyres have. [1] See
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/...es-advice.html
--

Thanks for the info. but I do not wish to be guessing.

No-one is suggesting *guessing*! I was suggesting working it out from first
principles - which is what Bailey will have done, anyway.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old April 22nd 10, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

What tyres has it got, and what is it's max permitted weight?

From the tyre spec[1], you can determine the max tyre load and
pressure, and trim the pressure a bit depending on how much margin
the tyres have. [1] See
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/...es-advice.html
--

Thanks for the info. but I do not wish to be guessing.

No-one is suggesting *guessing*! I was suggesting working it out from
first principles - which is what Bailey will have done, anyway.
--

Just been advised by Bailey, and it is 39 psi, which is about the pressure
put in by the caravan dealer who supplied the new tyres.

Old April 22nd 10, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

First port of call Bailey the manufacturer if they can't help we will try?
Liz

Old April 23rd 10, 05:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"David" wrote in message
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

Yes the response came from Bailey to the e-mail suggested by David.
It is 39 psi.
It came in the form of an attachment of the Handbook.
Surprised really they do not have these on a Support Web site as makers of
TV sets etc. do.
Thanks for all the help given me.

Old April 23rd 10, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

"David" wrote in message
Anyone have one and know?
Thought it would be on Bailey Web Site but no.
Think it will be in region of 42/44 lbps.

Yes the response came from Bailey to the e-mail suggested by David.
It is 39 psi.
It came in the form of an attachment of the Handbook.
Surprised really they do not have these on a Support Web site as makers of
TV sets etc. do.
Thanks for all the help given me.

There is an 'on line' spread sheet here http://www.fogeysplace.co.uk/calcula...pressures.html
which allows calculation of appropriate tyre pressures.