Aldi bargain?

Old May 1st 10, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Default Aldi bargain?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_13988.htm

Old May 1st 10, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_13988.htm

The dish size might be a problem, myself would like to see a larger one in
use in the UK particularly the further north one gets.

Old May 1st 10, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Sat, 1 May 2010 09:51:02 +0100, "Harry Pleavin"
wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_13988.htm

I have the version that uses a more fixed mount from them,
It is only a small dish but I have had no problems, furthest north
we go is blackpool.
It is now 4 years old , it cost 59.99 then, it is still in perfect
working order dispite the bashing about.
Because mine has a fixed base with adjustable mounting plate, rather
than a suction cup, I am able to mount it on a pole, on the roof of
the van or on a tripod away from the van. You may find that if your
van is not in " line of site " of the satelite (and we are only
talking about a couple of feet) then sticking it on the roof wont work
and you will then have to invent away of securing it else ware i.e. a
tray on the ground , pegged of course
I would worry about the suction mount on the top of the van in wind,
though I am sure it would stay attached I think the roof would flex
and the picture brake up.
Another thought is, if you have an old dish and box use that,if you
dont have a card you will only get the basic chanels but if you have a
card then you will get all chanels for the regitered area.
Mounting the dish is not hard , if its a small sky dish stick it on a
camera tripod with the camera mounting removed, if its a big sky dish
a piece of pipe will sufice.
Done both with no probs,
I prefer my ALDI kit as its small and light weight in a convient bag,
the other two were more cumbersome.

Regards

John