Sainsbury's Calais

Old May 2nd 10, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Sainsbury's Calais

Bad news for the lovers of Sainsbury's in Calais is that it is closing down.

I was in there on Thursday and found half the store cordoned off with
screens. Asked a member of staff and they tell me it is closing down at the
end of June.

However, they say there will be no more deliveries and when existing stock
has gone that's it!

I don't think that the stock they have will last until June and even now
some of their current Special Offers are sold out.

Looks like Tesco will have a monopoly if you like New World and some other
non-French wines that are not normally available in the Hyper and
Supermarkets.

--

Jim

Old May 2nd 10, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

"Jim" wrote in message
Bad news for the lovers of Sainsbury's in Calais is that it is closing
down.

I was in there on Thursday and found half the store cordoned off with
screens. Asked a member of staff and they tell me it is closing down at
the end of June.

However, they say there will be no more deliveries and when existing stock
has gone that's it!

I don't think that the stock they have will last until June and even now
some of their current Special Offers are sold out.

Looks like Tesco will have a monopoly if you like New World and some other
non-French wines that are not normally available in the Hyper and
Supermarkets.

Jim

I am not sure that surprises me. The last two times we have been to the Cite
de Europe it has been very quiet and I have wondered about the long term
viability of that Shopping Centre although I suppose the locals still use
it. Also coupled with the exchange rate unless you buy pretty big quantities
there is not much of a saving especially if you are just making a day trip.
No doubt for a lot of us its just en route on the way home.