Ventura sat-nav system

Old May 3rd 10, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Default Ventura sat-nav system

I have been looking at the adverts for these caravan friendly sat-navs and
wondered if anyone out there has one and what they think of it; positives
and negatives please, cheers, Harry

Old May 9th 10, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
I have been looking at the adverts for these caravan friendly sat-navs and
wondered if anyone out there has one and what they think of it; positives
and negatives please, cheers, Harry

I use a tomtom go700 in G Britain, Spain and France no probs, but I always
check the route with a map first
so I can make it direct me the way I want to go.
Saves writing the route down for the wife

Old May 9th 10, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

A Plumber laid this down on his screen :
I use a tomtom go700 in G Britain, Spain and France no probs, but I always
check the route with a map first
so I can make it direct me the way I want to go.
Saves writing the route down for the wife

I use a Garmin and what I do is look at the map and choose points on
the map I want to go through or close to. I then get the Garmin to
route to each in turn, so it has them in memory listed as 'Recent
Finds'. As I progress down the route, on approaching one location, I
choose the next Recent Find. I suppose another way would be to simply
set up a route with way points instead.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk