Opinions on CC site atLeyburn.

Old May 20th 10, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

Default Opinions on CC site atLeyburn.

Thinking of heading for Leyburn North Yorks either adult Cls or maybe
chance the CC site there as it hasnt a play area and might be child
unfriendly. Any recommendations for this or other sites in the area
please. Bad news have to go last two weeks in August !
Tks.

Bill
Old May 20th 10, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Tim" wrote in message
Thinking of heading for Leyburn North Yorks either adult Cls or maybe
chance the CC site there as it hasnt a play area and might be child
unfriendly. Any recommendations for this or other sites in the area
please. Bad news have to go last two weeks in August !
Tks.

We stayed at Brookfields, HARMBY just over a mile out of Leyburn last year.
Good views over the valley, nice level grass, but might not suit you for 2
weeks as no electric hook-ups.
Toilet very , very clean.
Great fish and chips from the mobile van that came Friday tea time for a
short while, I guess he travels around the area.
Plenty of choices for CLs in the area.

Old July 13th 10, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anne Wood

"Tim" wrote in message
Thinking of heading for Leyburn North Yorks either adult Cls or maybe
chance the CC site there as it hasnt a play area and might be child
unfriendly. Any recommendations for this or other sites in the area
please. Bad news have to go last two weeks in August !
Tks.

Bill

For many years now we've gone to the Brown Moor, the CC site in Hawes.
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/Caravan...spx?csid=21840
It's within walking distance of the town and even closer is a shop called
"The Good Life" that sell groceries, fresh produce, cleaning products, very
useful.
There is a market in Hawes, I think on Tuesdays and the best fish and chip
shop I've tasted in a long time....must be as now the cafe opposite has
attracted groups of motorcyclists (all very well behaved I might add). Cafe
is called Penny Garth. http://www.pennygarthcafe.co.uk/.
Lots to do. Dry stone wall demos, sheep dog demos. The ropeworks is very
interesting; and the railway.
Nearly forgot, you also have the Wensleydale Creameries there.
Gale Beck runs through the middle of the town, very photogenic.
The next town along, Askrigg is where they made 'All Creatures Great and
Small'.
Well, I don't know what else to add. Sorry it's not adults only but we've
never found it noisy.

Annie

Old July 14th 10, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"Anne Wood" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

We like the Leyburn CC site - the pub i the 'Square' does a magnificent
Masham steak!