new here - folding caravan

Old June 2nd 10, 03:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Default new here - folding caravan

Up to now have been camping but have just got hold of a secondhand
prompto folding caravan (dont know who make them but they are similar
to the esterel) we are going away in it in july to cornwall as our son
has just moved to newquay.

the van needs a few bits - a 400x400 roof light (guess they are pretty
standard) as its cracked plus a gas strut and a handbrake unit - i
cant find any breakers or stockists in cumbria any advice or anyone
breaking one?

I would like to join a club and use club sites as our requirements are
simply a toilet block and maybe an electric hook up but am not sure
whether to join the caravan club or the camping and caravan club -
will only be using the van in the uk, mainly to cornwall and for
fishing trips into england and scotland - recommendations please.

Old June 2nd 10, 05:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

http://www.caravanninglinks.com/goto...avan_Breakers/

www.caravanclub.co.uk/

Old June 2nd 10, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
david coleman

Hi I am in both clubs and have been for many years CCC is ok because you can
join rallies or holiday meets normally without the need to book. but beware
if you dont camp regular you will find club sites more expensive than some
commercial sites.

Old June 2nd 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Thanks David have sent an email to a couple of breakers and have
bookmarked the site - already had the cc and ccc sites thanks

Old June 2nd 10, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Intend to camp maybe 3/4 times a year - why is it more expensive ?
Do you get a discount the more you camp or something and if so is that
with both clubs?

if you dont camp regular you will find club sites more expensive than some commercial sites.

Old June 2nd 10, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

les said the following on 02/06/2010 08:37:
Intend to camp maybe 3/4 times a year - why is it more expensive ?
Do you get a discount the more you camp or something and if so is that
with both clubs?

if you dont camp regular you will find club sites more expensive than some commercial sites.

Site Fee + Membership Fee divided by the number of nights equals actual cost.

Roy
Old June 2nd 10, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Understand Now Roy
Obviously if I dont join either then membership fee is nowt!
Iooking at both sites i do like the over 55 option also the midweek
saving as Im well over 55 and often off during the week.
Think I will join one of the clubs though

Old June 2nd 10, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Long time since I went camping and at the time there tended to be one
tarriff - ie: pay for pitch
Now after looking on the net plus on the cc and ccc sites there seems
to be lots of tarriffs

ie: some charge per person plus per pitch
others charge a pitch fee inclusive up to a set number of people
plus add ons ie hook up although thats understandable.

Looking at Cornwall in late July this can be a big difference when you
add it up, so it looks like i will be looking at small sites as i only
want the toilet block and hookup, so clubs are looking more desirable.

Old June 2nd 10, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
david coleman

you have to be a member of cc or ccc to get age concession or midweek
discounts.
I have always used club sites since 1980, I am over 55 but to see tall ships
in August it is cheaper for me to camp at Proctors site than ccc site nr
Alnwick they are 2 mile apart.!!

dave

Old June 2nd 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Starting to see the minefield now Dave
I have done research on the area we want to go to in July and it
varies from about 18 per night all in ie: pitch/2 adults/hook up
to 250 for 4 nights!!!