Leveller

Old June 17th 10, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Default Leveller

My husband has seen a lockloy aluminium leveller in the milenco catagloue
and I wonder if anyone has used one and if they like it. I don't like it
when we have to get the caravan down off the drive up leveller, would this
sort of device be better
Liz

Old June 17th 10, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Clapham

On 17/06/2010 15:36, Liz Hall wrote:
My husband has seen a lockloy aluminium leveller in the milenco catagloue
and I wonder if anyone has used one and if they like it. I don't like it
when we have to get the caravan down off the drive up leveller, would this
sort of device be better
Liz

We bought one of these levellers earlier in the year and now wonder how
we ever did without it. worth every penny! Not sure if it's the same
make but I think it is.

Pat
Old June 17th 10, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ret.

Pat Clapham wrote:
On 17/06/2010 15:36, Liz Hall wrote:
My husband has seen a lockloy aluminium leveller in the milenco
catagloue and I wonder if anyone has used one and if they like it. I
don't like it when we have to get the caravan down off the drive up
leveller, would this sort of device be better
Liz

We bought one of these levellers earlier in the year and now wonder
how we ever did without it. worth every penny! Not sure if it's the
same make but I think it is.

I use one of these combined wheel clamp/levellers. It also works very well:

http://www.towsure.com/product/398-Rise_and_Clamp

--
Kev
Old June 17th 10, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Thanks I had never seen that one, I looked on their website and have
bookmarked it. I see they are out of stock at the moment. Saves cartubg a
wheel clamp as well and I liked the video on how it works
Liz

Old June 17th 10, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Ret." xxx wrote in message ...
Pat Clapham wrote:
On 17/06/2010 15:36, Liz Hall wrote:
My husband has seen a lockloy aluminium leveller in the milenco
catagloue and I wonder if anyone has used one and if they like it. I
don't like it when we have to get the caravan down off the drive up
leveller, would this sort of device be better
Liz

We bought one of these levellers earlier in the year and now wonder
how we ever did without it. worth every penny! Not sure if it's the
same make but I think it is.

I use one of these combined wheel clamp/levellers. It also works very well:

http://www.towsure.com/product/398-Rise_and_Clamp

--
Kev

A word of caution

A year or three back Towsure got a "reputation" when dealing on t'internet

It may have well altered ,

I believe delivery times and charges to a credit card were open to question

I have use TowSure in the past and will do so again ,

BUT , as a customer who purchases when passing their door

DieSea

Old June 18th 10, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

"Ret." xxx wrote in message
Pat Clapham wrote:
[...]

I think that the on-line service from Towsure has improved considerably in
recent times.

I've ordered a couple of things from them in recent months and their service
has been exemplary.

Nigel.

Old June 18th 10, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Nigel" wrote in message

"Ret." xxx wrote in message
Pat Clapham wrote:
[...]

That's nice to know

SWMBO has relatives who live on Towsures door step

So if there's anything we need we usually invite ourselves across

In the other direction we have Riversway on our sons doorstep

We were passing there yesterday and as usual what we wanted was due in on the next
delivery

DieSea

Old June 18th 10, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:31:44 +0100, "Liz Hall"
wrote:

can you tell me if you have to remove wheel trim and any idea how much this
item weighs
Liz

It weighs 5.3kg fromm the website, and I can not see any reason to
have to remove the wheel trim. Presumably you park the van, slide the
leveller up against the tyre and wind it up.
Bill Lord

Old June 18th 10, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

wrote:

can you tell me if you have to remove wheel trim and any idea how much this
item weighs
Liz

It weighs 5.3kg fromm the website, and I can not see any reason to
have to remove the wheel trim. Presumably you park the van, slide the
leveller up against the tyre and wind it up.
Bill Lord

Personally I would think that, unless you are on hard standing,
you would need some type of spreader under what appear to be
fairly slender legs. Milenco's products are generally pretty
robust, but some of the forces on this device must be
considerable.

You said originally
I don't like it
when we have to get the caravan down off the drive up leveller, would this
sort of device be better

But didn't say exactly why you are unhappy with the drive-up
leveler.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK