Elecsol Carbon Fibre Batteries

Old April 7th 10, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

Default Elecsol Carbon Fibre Batteries

Time to buy a new leisure battery and I spotted one of these in the
local dealer's. I was a bit surprised that the assistant made no attempt
to sell me one at all even though they had no other 110aHs in stock.

Did a Google and found a few people very critical of Elecsol's after
sales service when they came to make a claim under the 5 year warranty.

Those who had had no need to make a warranty claim thought they were
very good batteries albeit about 50% more expensive.

Anyone had any experience of these batteries or this company?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old April 7th 10, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
METWO

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Time to buy a new leisure battery and I spotted one of these in the local
dealer's. I was a bit surprised that the assistant made no attempt to sell
me one at all even though they had no other 110aHs in stock.

Did a Google and found a few people very critical of Elecsol's after sales
service when they came to make a claim under the 5 year warranty.

Those who had had no need to make a warranty claim thought they were very
good batteries albeit about 50% more expensive.

Anyone had any experience of these batteries or this company?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Hi Hugh

Well as you say there is a lot of people who have had problems, but I have
had one for 7 years now and no signs of it giving out !

Admitting not had to claim under warranty, but I also thing its down to how
they are looked after, abuse them and they will fail !

I don't know how much they are now, but I paid 100 and that was delivered
to the door from Chester (aprox 70 Miles away)

So compare that with other batteries at say 50 and lasts 12 months it was a
good buy.

metwo

Old April 8th 10, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message , METWO
writes
"hugh" ] wrote in message
[...]

Called back in to the dealer's this morning - definitely not keen to
sell me Elecsols even though they had two sitting there. Nodded glumly
when I mentioned warranty problems.

One of the selling points of theses batteries is that they are more
resilient to discharge than normal batteries and don't suffer with the
sulphate build up problems, hence the 5 year warranty.

In the end I bought a standard leisure battery.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha