Tyres

Old June 11th 10, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dutchman

Default Tyres

Need to change my 4 tyres on my 7 year old 3.5 kgs motorhome. Only 17000
miles but worn on the sides. Been looking on the web and found conti van
tyres (215/75/16) half the price than motorhome tyres. Could someone
please advise as to whether its a good idea or not
.. This site seems to have the best prices fitted in the UK, Has anyone used
them
Thanks D........

http://www.valuetyres.co.uk/index.php

Old June 12th 10, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message [email protected], Dutchman
writes
Need to change my 4 tyres on my 7 year old 3.5 kgs motorhome. Only 17000
miles but worn on the sides. Been looking on the web and found conti van
tyres (215/75/16) half the price than motorhome tyres. Could someone
please advise as to whether its a good idea or not
. This site seems to have the best prices fitted in the UK, Has anyone used
them
Thanks D........

http://www.valuetyres.co.uk/index.php

I couldn't see any reference to max load only speed rating so I assume
they are all car tyres.

--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old June 17th 10, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Dutchman" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Need to change my 4 tyres on my 7 year old 3.5 kgs motorhome. Only 17000
miles but worn on the sides. Been looking on the web and found conti van
tyres (215/75/16) half the price than motorhome tyres. Could someone
please advise as to whether its a good idea or not
. This site seems to have the best prices fitted in the UK, Has anyone
used them
Thanks D........

http://www.valuetyres.co.uk/index.php

Firstly check the vehicle docs, my Hymer specifically said 'Camper' tyres.
If I had a blowout with 'ordinary' tyres on it I wouldn't want to be arguing
with the insurance company.

Secondly a camper is used differently to most vehicles.
a) it sits still for ages between journeys
b) most of the time it's near or at max weight
c) most of the time it's driving it's continuously at relatively high speeds
d) it usually does a relatively low annual mileage so the tyres can get
pretty old

Some manufacturers claim to allow for these differences in the design of
their camper tyres, I bought Continental Camper tyres which were much
cheaper than Michelin but still designed for the job.

Rgds,

Andy R

Old June 25th 10, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
aiden

snip

Some manufacturers claim to allow for these differences in the design of
their camper tyres, I bought Continental Camper tyres which were much
cheaper than Michelin but still designed for the job.

Rgds,

Andy R

Bought Conti Camper Vanco tyres to replace 5 yo Michelin - a lot
cheaper just before we went away - just back from 7 weeks in
France/Italy - rain sun (30/deg) - the lot - purfick! Good in wet - no
sign of wear 4000m - quiet - recommend the real thing!Only trouble is
now, they look a bit dirty! Interestingly, every camper looked at over
there had Michelin - Conti's definitely better.
Old June 28th 10, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"aiden" wrote in message
snip

Some manufacturers claim to allow for these differences in the design of
their camper tyres, I bought Continental Camper tyres which were much
cheaper than Michelin but still designed for the job.

Rgds,

Andy R

Bought Conti Camper Vanco tyres to replace 5 yo Michelin - a lot
cheaper just before we went away - just back from 7 weeks in
France/Italy - rain sun (30/deg) - the lot - purfick! Good in wet - no
sign of wear 4000m - quiet - recommend the real thing!Only trouble is
now, they look a bit dirty! Interestingly, every camper looked at over
there had Michelin - Conti's definitely better.

I also noticed the Conti's were significantly quieter then the Michelins.

Rgds,

Andy R