truma water heater

Old June 16th 10, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JTM

Default truma water heater

Hello,

Pilote based van with a Truma gas water heater similar in
looks to the 'Ultrastore' 10 litre on the Truma website. It
is supplied by a Pilote 'Floking' pump.

Checking it out today ready for going off tomorrow (Thurs)
and the heater heats the water all right and the pump pumps.

BUT the water has a constant 'bubbling' and there seems to
be lots of air in the system.

There is a yellow 'flick-up' valve on the cold inlet to the
boiler, which lets lots of air out, but despite this there
still seems to be air getting in. The pump connections
/look/ all right.

Is there usually any other way to bleed the system?

--
John Mulrooney

The brave do not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.
Old June 16th 10, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message , JTM writes
Hello,

Pilote based van with a Truma gas water heater similar in
looks to the 'Ultrastore' 10 litre on the Truma website. It
is supplied by a Pilote 'Floking' pump.

Checking it out today ready for going off tomorrow (Thurs)
and the heater heats the water all right and the pump pumps.

BUT the water has a constant 'bubbling' and there seems to
be lots of air in the system.

There is a yellow 'flick-up' valve on the cold inlet to the
boiler, which lets lots of air out, but despite this there
still seems to be air getting in. The pump connections
/look/ all right.

Is there usually any other way to bleed the system?

Normally you just open each tap until water flows smoothly.

The only yellow flick up valves I've come across are to drain down the
system.

Are you heating the water with gas or electric and just how hot is it?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old June 17th 10, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JTM

In article , hugh
] wrote:
In message , JTM
writes
Hello,

Pilote based van with a Truma gas water heater similar
in looks to the 'Ultrastore' 10 litre on the Truma
website. It is supplied by a Pilote 'Floking' pump.

Checking it out today ready for going off tomorrow
(Thurs) and the heater heats the water all right and the
pump pumps.

BUT the water has a constant 'bubbling' and there seems
to be lots of air in the system.

[snip]
Normally you just open each tap until water flows
smoothly.

The only yellow flick up valves I've come across are to
drain down the system.

Are you heating the water with gas or electric and just
how hot is it?

Thanks for the thoughts. I've found that the pump filter
has a (large) crack in the casing. Until I get a new one
(hopefully today or tomorrow) I've fitted the filter inside
the water tank and slightly modified things.

I did try fitting a normal1/2" tap filter but couldn't quite
manage.

John

--
John Mulrooney

I wonder if she buys make-up for both her faces?