Caravan battery

Old June 20th 10, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Caravan battery

Hi
Sister has just bought a 2008 Sprite Major 5b caravan from a dealer @
10,000.

Dealer has told them that van does not come with a 12volt battery from new
and
they will need to buy one.
They don't pick the van up fpr another 2 weeks.

It appears previous onwer may have taken the battery off.

Does//should the caravan have had a fitted battery when the van was first
new ??or
does one have to always buy a battery for a new caravan.

No doubt dealer would have supplied one but he is going to have a mover
fitted
free of charged and say he can not offer any other freebies.

Anyone please.
Baz

--
UK Immigration ????
More like an invasion.

Old June 20th 10, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi
Sister has just bought a 2008 Sprite Major 5b caravan from a dealer @ 10,000.

Dealer has told them that van does not come with a 12volt battery from new and
they will need to buy one.
They don't pick the van up fpr another 2 weeks.

It appears previous onwer may have taken the battery off.

Does//should the caravan have had a fitted battery when the van was first new
??or
does one have to always buy a battery for a new caravan.

No doubt dealer would have supplied one but he is going to have a mover fitted
free of charged and say he can not offer any other freebies.

Anyone please.
Baz

--
UK Immigration ????
More like an invasion.

The price of a Leisure battery is between 50 & 100 depending what you go for

For ten Grand I would have walked away if it wasn't included

If the deal is done I would look elsewhere for a battery

Last year I was looking for 2 110 amp hour leisure batteries Whitfords and Reads
quoted me nearly 100.00 each

I went to our local car spares shop and haggled ( and haggled and haggled )

Got the two for under a 100.00

They served me well over the last winter when I only ran on Gas & Battery

I was in that shop recently picking up filters and oil he was asking if I wanted
any more and was willing to do a deal

Not this time , they're still going strong

Look after leisure batteries and they last , abuse them and they wont last a
season

DieSea

Old June 21st 10, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 21 June, 00:50, "DieSea"
wrote:
[...]

I've NEVER bought a van - even a new one - that included the battery.
Just like awnings, waste and water containers etc, it's an extra which
should be budgeted for when setting up.
Old June 21st 10, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

#10,000.

Dealer has told them that van does not come with a 12volt battery
from new and they will need to buy one.
They don't pick the van up fpr another 2 weeks.

It appears previous onwer may have taken the battery off.

Does//should the caravan have had a fitted battery when the van was
first new ??or does one have to always buy a battery for a new
caravan.

No doubt dealer would have supplied one but he is going to have a
mover fitted free of charged and say he can not offer any other
freebies.

Some do, some don't, but mostly the battery is an extra when new. OK,
it's usually thrown in by dealers, but there's no rule that says it
must come with one .. especially if it's second hand.

Many owners who upgrade keep their old batteries for the new 'vans,
saves the extra cost ...

Personally if I were buying from a dealer (which I have in the past)
and spending that much money on a 'van (which I haven't) I'd want a new
battery included or do the deal elsewhere. No matter about the free
fitting 'cos that's effectively going to be done in dead time so zero
cost, hence why it'll take two weeks to fit ...

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old June 21st 10, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi
Sister has just bought a 2008 Sprite Major 5b caravan from a dealer @
10,000.

Dealer has told them that van does not come with a 12volt battery from new
and
they will need to buy one.

.................................................. ..............................................
Many thanks to all who replied re battery.
Will tell sister they will have to get one.

Thanks all very much.
Baz

Old June 24th 10, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Baz do make sure that your sister gets a Leisure battery rather than
trying to do with an ordinary car battery, they are used in camping/
caravanning and they are usually quite big but its worth it as they
wont let her down, they use "deep cycle" charging so you will have a
constant voltage

I am realising how lucky i was now as i bought a secondhand folding
caravan for not much more than 500 and it came with a leisure battery
(like new) an awning that actually was too big but sold it for 85 and
bought the proper size for 36 plus a porta potti (hate them and sold
that too) plus a toilet tent, sold that too and van fully kitted out
right down to washing pegs - our first venture into caravanning so a
nice start.

Been away on holiday with it - joined both the camping and caravan
clubs - after good advice on here and recon we have saved one of the
joining fees already - thanks guys.