Novice seeks help & guidance

Old September 19th 10, 02:37 PM
wibble1001 wibble1001 is offline
Junior Member

Smile Novice seeks help & guidance

We recently became proud owners in Italy of a Roller 405 Progres on a family patch of land. I think the caravan is about 20 years old, but we saw it recently and stayed in it for a couple of days.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/DSCF6354.jpg

Now my wife and I know nothing (as yet) about caravans - but even without water, gas and electricity - we had a lot of fun in the Italian sunshine.

But now I need to try and figure out how things work on it. Our first plan is to buy a generator - whilst I managed to find the power input - I could not find where the 12v battery was hidden.

I assume that it should have one somewhere, or is so old its pre-battery.

What I did find was a black box with 12V written on it but even I can work out its not a battery. Can anyone advise me on whether there should be a battery location, or what the black box is.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/DSCF6343.jpg

I fear there will be many stupid questions to follow, so my apologizes now