Calais for the last night.

Old June 21st 10, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

Default Calais for the last night.

Since 'Gabby' has retired and 'Le Manoir' is no more, we have been
searching for a site where the barriers are not locked until 7.00am -
with no success so far. Our ferry home is at 8.45am, and we need to
check in by 7.45 , can anybody suggest a suitable quiet and
comfortable stop for the night please?
Old June 21st 10, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerard

"Lunar475" schreef in bericht
Since 'Gabby' has retired and 'Le Manoir' is no more, we have been
searching for a site where the barriers are not locked until
7.00am -
with no success so far.

Then you will have to look closer to Calais port.

There's a nice one on the harbour entrance, overlooking the ferry port
and the beach.
Certainly not as quiet ( ships engines ), but very close!

Restaurants on the promenade, bakery just outside the camping..

Our ferry home is at 8.45am, and we need to
check in by 7.45 .

Barrier opens at 7, but port is only 15 min. away.
http://www.calais.ws/CalaisCamping.htm

Gerard.

Old June 21st 10, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On 21 June, 10:25, "Gerard" wrote:
"Lunar475" schreef in ... Since 'Gabby' has retired and 'Le Manoir' is no more, we have been
searching for a site where the barriers are not locked until
7.00am -
with no success so far.

Then you will have to look closer to Calais port.

There's a nice one on the harbour entrance, overlooking the ferry port
and the beach.
Certainly not as quiet ( ships engines ), but very close!

Restaurants on the promenade, bakery just outside the camping..

Our ferry home is at 8.45am, and we need to
check in by 7.45 .

Barrier opens at 7, but port is only 15 min. away.http://www.calais.ws/CalaisCamping.htm

Gerard.

Thanks, but we tried that - once was enough! Seagulls, ferries,
dustcarts, it would have been as restful to stay on the docks.
Old June 21st 10, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Gerard wrote:

"Lunar475" schreef in bericht

Since 'Gabby' has retired and 'Le Manoir' is no more, we have been
searching for a site where the barriers are not locked until
7.00am - with no success so far.

Then you will have to look closer to Calais port.

There's a nice one on the harbour entrance, overlooking the ferry
port and the beach. Certainly not as quiet ( ships engines ), but
very close!

Restaurants on the promenade, bakery just outside the camping..

Our ferry home is at 8.45am, and we need to
check in by 7.45 .

Barrier opens at 7, but port is only 15 min. away.
http://www.calais.ws/CalaisCamping.htm

We've used that one before as a last resort and were very pleasantly
surprised. Interesting area ..

Might be better to use http://www.la-paille-haute.com/ which is about 1
1/2 hours away (ish). Can't recall barrier times but I do know we had
a stupid o'clock ferry to catch and had no bother getting there well
within time.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old June 21st 10, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

"Lunar475" wrote in message
Since 'Gabby' has retired and 'Le Manoir' is no more, we have been
searching for a site where the barriers are not locked until 7.00am -
with no success so far. Our ferry home is at 8.45am, and we need to
check in by 7.45 , can anybody suggest a suitable quiet and
comfortable stop for the night please?

Lunar 475:

You could try Camping Saint-Louis:

http://www.campingstlouis.com/modulo...p?fr=0&id=133&

Nigel.

Old June 21st 10, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

Most sites near Calais are geared up for early departure. Have a look at the
first section of this link which has several reports on campsites near to
Calais. http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/european_campsite_index.htm

David