Solar panel question..

Old June 21st 10, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Moppett[_2_]

Default Solar panel question..

We have a Gobur folding caravan, mainly used on sites with hook up, but
some without. Being a folder we can't install solar panels to keep the
batteries topped up, but thought to use them to keep them topped up when
unfolded on site. Can anybody suggest how big a panels we would need ,
please, only used for lighting and water pump.

John
Old June 21st 10, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"John Moppett" wrote in message
We have a Gobur folding caravan, mainly used on sites with hook up, but
some without. Being a folder we can't install solar panels to keep the
batteries topped up, but thought to use them to keep them topped up when
unfolded on site. Can anybody suggest how big a panels we would need ,
please, only used for lighting and water pump.

Mine is a small panel I'm told too small so next to no use.
So I think you should think B I G.

Old June 21st 10, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tic

Hi I have 2 panels 1 is 80 watt and the other is 60w
works a dream,I have run a 16 inch tv for 3 x nights with caravan lighting
after 4th day used motor mover for a few yards
When I got home more life in battery than I went with
and best of all SILENT battery amp meter showed at its peak 7.2 amp charge
drops down to nill when battery charged
mike