Fridge

Old July 4th 10, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Default Fridge

Went to a steam rally this weekend and the fridge seems to be only working
on very low even when turned right up, the freezer compartment is not
working but there is a flame, any ideas, someone told us to take it out and
turn it upside down, were they joking? Testing it again on the electric at
home.
Liz

Old July 5th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 04/07/2010 22:57, Liz Hall wrote:
Went to a steam rally this weekend and the fridge seems to be only working
on very low even when turned right up, the freezer compartment is not
working but there is a flame, any ideas, someone told us to take it out and
turn it upside down, were they joking? Testing it again on the electric at
home.
Liz

Turning it upside down for a while *sometimes* works - depending on the
problem. Test it on electric first. If it's ok on electric, the problem
is NOT one which will be solved by turning it upside down. In this case,
clean out the gas jet (with a bristle from a broom - not anything
metal), and make sure there's no crud build-up which is directing the
flame away away from the bit it's meant to heat.

If it doesn't work on electric either, you could try turning it upside
down. This will help to get the 'juices' flowing again.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old July 5th 10, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Thank you for replying I will pass on the comments but it seems it is
working on electric alright this morning, and so he will try a clean up job
as you suggest and see from there. I do the computer and he is the engineer
so I will let you know if we get it going.
Liz

Old July 9th 10, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Liz Hall wrote on 05/07/2010 :
Thank you for replying I will pass on the comments but it seems it is working
on electric alright this morning, and so he will try a clean up job as you
suggest and see from there. I do the computer and he is the engineer so I
will let you know if we get it going.
Liz

It should work as well on gas as on mains. Check the curly metal is
fitted in the flue, clean the flue and check there is a noticeable dip
in flame height once down to temperature, if you adjust the gas
temperature setting.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old July 18th 10, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Thanks we have fixed it now, fridge had to come out and there was a bit of
rust round the pipe which once removed seems to work well now.
Liz

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...