Defective Avondale Dart 470-2 SE rooflight

Old July 6th 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DartMan

Default Defective Avondale Dart 470-2 SE rooflight

Good afternoon all,

The roof light has, according to a 'technician', blown and I am
considering a DIY replacement. I think it was made by Remis. When
sliding it towards the front of the van it fouls its frame and I
think / hope that I need to purchase just the acrylic 'bit'.

Has anyone done this and if so, are there any special pitfalls I
should be aware of.

--
Kind regards

Peter
Old July 6th 10, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"DartMan" wrote in message

Good afternoon all,

The roof light has, according to a 'technician', blown and I am
considering a DIY replacement. I think it was made by Remis. When
sliding it towards the front of the van it fouls its frame and I
think / hope that I need to purchase just the acrylic 'bit'.

Has anyone done this and if so, are there any special pitfalls I
should be aware of.

--
Kind regards

Peter

Think you will find the "acrylic bit"has broken where the hinge fits, ( it's
a bad design) I'm having similar problems with my Rialto rooflight,
and I am waiting to hearfrom the local caravan dealers if I can get a new
"acrylic bit" or will it need the whole frame.
The rooflight is fitted with screws if you can get at them.
Would be interested in how you get on, as I am thinking of a possible repair
if I cannot get a new one.

Old July 7th 10, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DartMan

On 6 July, 21:27, "A Plumber" wrote:
"DartMan" wrote in message

[...]

Plumber - Thanks for your quick reply.
I don't seem to have a hinge. Having now identified the light as a
Remitop Tilt and Slide I'll google the web and see what comes up.
Peter
Old July 14th 10, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"DartMan" wrote in message

[...]

The Remi tilt & slide comes as an inner and an outer. The outer has cost me
164 inc
waiting for delivery, it seems you cannot get the perspex bit on its own
hope that helps