Car inside dimensions

Old July 9th 10, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

Default Car inside dimensions

Does anyone know a website that shows inside dimensions, Im looking to
change my car and ones I have been looking at is grand vitara diesel
or vauxhall vectra/astra lpg estate.
I pull a folding caravan which is 750kg unladen but I carry fishing
rods in a rod bag which is 6ft 6inch and usually fold down the
passenger seat or at least half of it in my ford focus estate and the
rod bag fits in fine.
I have searched the net and i can find dimensions but the load is
quoted in volume which is no good for my needs.

If not does anyone here have a grand vitara, if so could you measure
the length with a passenger seat folded down - thanks
Old July 9th 10, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"les" wrote in message
Does anyone know a website that shows inside dimensions, Im
looking to
change my car and ones I have been looking at is grand vitara
diesel
or vauxhall vectra/astra lpg estate.
I pull a folding caravan which is 750kg unladen but I carry
fishing
rods in a rod bag which is 6ft 6inch and usually fold down the
passenger seat or at least half of it in my ford focus estate
and the
rod bag fits in fine.
I have searched the net and i can find dimensions but the load
is
quoted in volume which is no good for my needs.

If not does anyone here have a grand vitara, if so could you
measure
the length with a passenger seat folded down - thanks

As an Astra estate driver I can confirm you will get a 2m rod in
without difficulty and a Vectra estate is longer.

Also look at an Octavia estate. Cheaper than an Astra, a delight
to drive, and incredibly economical (130bhp even does over 50mpg
combined.) Towing with an Octavia is a dream.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 11th 10, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

On Jul 9, 9:20*pm, "Woody" wrote:
"les" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Woody
I went for the astra estate in the end as it came with a tow bar and
electrics.