Norton Canes motor way services

Old July 15th 10, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Default Norton Canes motor way services

We have to meet some people there on Saturday and we have never been before
so it is difficult to say where we could meet up, Looking at the website I
suggested we would approach from the A5, we are coming from Milton Keynes
without the caravan on this occasion and they are coming from Rawtenshaw,
Lancashire.
Has anyone used these services and could they point me to a good place to
meet up as my mobility is poor.
Thanks
Liz

Old July 16th 10, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Clapham

On 15/07/2010 23:45, Liz Hall wrote:
We have to meet some people there on Saturday and we have never been before
so it is difficult to say where we could meet up, Looking at the website I
suggested we would approach from the A5, we are coming from Milton Keynes
without the caravan on this occasion and they are coming from Rawtenshaw,
Lancashire.
Has anyone used these services and could they point me to a good place to
meet up as my mobility is poor.
Thanks
Liz

do you mean Strensham Services on the M5? If so the disabled parking
bays are right outside the front door so you could meet in the foyer.
This is the nearest services I can find to Norton Canes but I may be
wrong. Easy to find for anyone coming from Rawtenstall.

Pat
Old July 16th 10, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I think it is called Norton Canes Bettys Lane Norton Canes Cannock Staffs
WS11 9UX it is quite new by the sound of it and it is near the M6toll
between JT6 and JT7
Liz
news:u3Y%[email protected]

Old July 16th 10, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Liz Hall wrote:

[...]

Put WS11 9UX into Google Earth/Maps.

You can see the disabled bays quite clearly. If you don't qualify you
could use these as a guide to the easiest way in.

Old July 16th 10, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

[...]

Google is your friend. Norton Canes is on the M6T, and the others
are coming from Rawtenshaw which is not Rawtenstall.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 16th 10, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Thanks you have all been so helpful and I feel much less stressed now I know
where I am going
Liz
news:[email protected]

Old July 17th 10, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Clapham

On 16/07/2010 20:26, Woody wrote:

Google is your friend. Norton Canes is on the M6T, and the others
are coming from Rawtenshaw which is not Rawtenstall.

Not when you are looking up Rawtenshaw which it can't find! Tells me
there is no such location.
Old July 17th 10, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Pat Clapham" wrote in message
On 16/07/2010 20:26, Woody wrote:

Google is your friend. Norton Canes is on the M6T, and the others
are coming from Rawtenshaw which is not Rawtenstall.

Not when you are looking up Rawtenshaw which it can't find! Tells me there is no
such location.

Google cant find Rawtenshaw either

Nor can the OS maps

But Rawtenstall is some where near Bacup

;-)))
--
DieSea

Old July 18th 10, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Apologies to everyone it was their accent it was actually Rossendale, anyway
we met up at the shopping centre nearby to save on M6 toll fees for both of
us and I sold my sewing machine. A lovely couple and a nice ride out
yesterday up the A5
Liz

Old July 19th 10, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JTM

In article ,
Liz Hall wrote:
Google cant find Rawtenshaw either

Nor can the OS maps

But Rawtenstall is some where near Bacup

BTW that's 'Bay - cup' for you Suveners

John

--
John Mulrooney

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out