Pyramid Suck-it-&-See Mirrors

Old July 20th 10, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Pyramid Suck-it-&-See Mirrors

Has anyone any experience of these mirrors?

They are (sometimes) listed as "Driver's" side. Will they fit either side?
I note that they do two types Flat and Convex. They recommend the latter
for passenger side. Maybe by labelling one "Driver's" side they mean it is
flat. I think I would prefer flat both sides. However, if I go to Europe
and by a flat one and a convex one will they fit either side allowing flat
to go on left-hand mirror for European roads?

Comments please.

Thanks!

--

Jim

Old July 20th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Jim wrote:
Has anyone any experience of these mirrors?

They are (sometimes) listed as "Driver's" side. Will they fit either side?
I note that they do two types Flat and Convex. They recommend the latter
for passenger side. Maybe by labelling one "Driver's" side they mean it is
flat. I think I would prefer flat both sides. However, if I go to Europe
and by a flat one and a convex one will they fit either side allowing flat
to go on left-hand mirror for European roads?

Comments please.

Thanks!

They look symmetrical i.e. it shouldn't matter which side to which they
are fitted. Can't see any problem with going for two flat ones as you
prefer.

Not cheap! The pair in a box is cheaper but you'd need to work on the
seller to swap the contents for two identical mirrors.
Old July 20th 10, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

I have just been through the saga of buying new towing mirrors. I purchased
a pair of Pyramid mirrors, one flat one convex. Thinking the convex gave a
distorted view I then purchased a set of flat Milenco Grand Aeros, complete
disaster. (gradually going bankrupt!) I had got completely confused as to
whether I needed flat or convex. The flat were not too bad on the drivers
side but useless on the nearside. I had not realised that most car mirrors
are convex and that was the sort of view I really wanted. I have now
purchased a singe convex mirror which I think I will use in conjunction with
the convex from the other set. Hopefully it will solve the problem. Collect
the van from service on Thursday so will test them out then! To get back a
little to the main question asked. I have not used Such it and see mirrors
but what worries me about them is the you, in the main, loose the use of
the car mirrors.

David

Old July 20th 10, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:31:14 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

Has anyone any experience of these mirrors?

They are (sometimes) listed as "Driver's" side. Will they fit either side?
I note that they do two types Flat and Convex. They recommend the latter
for passenger side. Maybe by labelling one "Driver's" side they mean it is
flat. I think I would prefer flat both sides. However, if I go to Europe
and by a flat one and a convex one will they fit either side allowing flat
to go on left-hand mirror for European roads?

Comments please.

Thanks!

I used to use two flat ones, they are great in that they can be
adjusted from inside the car, but the rear view is a bit limited due
to the size of the glass. When I swapped my caravan to a Pageant 7,
which was 6 inches wider, they wer too short to get a good view of the
side of the van. I now use a Suck-it-and-see on the near side, because
it can be adjuted from the driving seat, and a Milenco aero with
extended arm on the drivers side.