remis rooflight

Old July 20th 10, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

Default remis rooflight

Hi All,
Does anyone have any fitting instructions for the remis rooflight please, my
local dealer Kimberley Caravans quoted around 300+
decide to save a few quid and do it myself

Thanks in advance

Old July 20th 10, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

A Plumber wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone have any fitting instructions for the remis rooflight please, my
local dealer Kimberley Caravans quoted around 300+
decide to save a few quid and do it myself

Thanks in advance

If it's not obvious what needs doing, you could drop Remis a note to see
if they have instructions:
http://www.remimobil.de/270/?L=1

Don't worry about writing in English - they'll probably understand
better than we do! Make sure to include the type/model number.

(The top level URL, should this not be what you want, is:
http://www.remis.de/home/?L=1)
Old July 21st 10, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"Dougal" DougalATHisKennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
. uk...
A Plumber wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone have any fitting instructions for the remis rooflight please,
my local dealer Kimberley Caravans quoted around 300+
decide to save a few quid and do it myself

Thanks in advance

If it's not obvious what needs doing, you could drop Remis a note to see
if they have instructions:
http://www.remimobil.de/270/?L=1

Don't worry about writing in English - they'll probably understand better
than we do! Make sure to include the type/model number.

(The top level URL, should this not be what you want, is:
http://www.remis.de/home/?L=1)

Thanks for that m8

Old July 22nd 10, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DartMan

A Plumber wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone have any fitting instructions for the remis rooflight please,
my local dealer Kimberley Caravans quoted around 300+
decide to save a few quid and do it myself

Thanks in advance

If it's not obvious what needs doing, you could drop Remis a note to see
if they have instructions:
http://www.remimobil.de/270/?L=1

Don't worry about writing in English - they'll probably understand better
than we do! Make sure to include the type/model number.

(The top level URL, should this not be what you want, is:
http://www.remis.de/home/?L=1)

Thanks for that m8

When the 'van was recently serviced the report included a statement
that the roof light was 'blown' and upon questioning this was advised
that the cost would be in the region of 430.00. I googled and found
a supplier quoting 95.00 + delivery etc and passed this information to
Cross Country Caravans who yesterday installed the replacement plastic
bits at a cost of 164.13 inc vat.
The price was very keen and included an hours labour. They told me
that access to the fitting screws is extremely difficult - two persons
are required, one internally to dismantle and install whilst the other
is outside mainly holding the unit in appropriate positions.
Hope this helps.
Old July 26th 10, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

A Plumber wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I paid 174 for mine looking again at the bill, leisureshop direct
are charging 400 + for theirs
so it seems that you have got an excellent deal on yours.
I keep trying to fathom out how it's done but after reading your posting,
I'll shop around abit more for more realistic fitting charges.

many thanks