OT. insurance expert have we one?

Old August 3rd 10, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT. insurance expert have we one?

In various places have noted things mentioning third party insurance, such
as with my car insurance, caravan insurance and my home/contents insurance.
My question is for my personal out and about activities if a third party
made a claim to me would any of my existing insurance be applicable?
Possibly answer will be no so to which would be extendable, or cover sort
from?

Old August 3rd 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 03/08/2010 08:06, David wrote:
In various places have noted things mentioning third party insurance,
such as with my car insurance, caravan insurance and my home/contents
insurance.
My question is for my personal out and about activities if a third party
made a claim to me would any of my existing insurance be applicable?
Possibly answer will be no so to which would be extendable, or cover
sort from?

I don't claim to be an expert, bit I think you're talking about Public
Liability insurance - the sort of thing which covers you if you
accidentally poke someone's eye out with your unbrella when out
shopping, or if someone breaks their neck when they trip over something
which you have left outside your house. Is this the sort of thing you
mean? If so, have a look at your household insurance policy - it may
already include cover up to one or two M.

Your motor policy and caravan policy should cover events more
specifically related to driving and caravanning - and these are probably
excluded in your household policy.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old August 3rd 10, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

I don't claim to be an expert, bit I think you're talking about Public
Liability insurance - the sort of thing which covers you if you
accidentally poke someone's eye out with your unbrella when out shopping,
or if someone breaks their neck when they trip over something which you
have left outside your house. Is this the sort of thing you mean? If so,
have a look at your household insurance policy - it may already include
cover up to one or two M.

Yes I have seen the two terms together third party and public liability,
anyway your examples are the sort of thing I would have used for examples.
Thanks will look at my present household cover.