Caravan Length

Old August 5th 10, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barno

Default Caravan Length

Hi all, can some one please shed some light for me. How are caravans
measured? I am asking because of lack of storage where I keep my van I
cannot go any larger than my current Lunar, which is a 460/4. It has come
time to change and I was wondering whether the lengths shown on auto trader
and eBay are a standard measurement from the back to the front of the
a-frame or just to the front of the van? I anyone has any experience can you
please help.
Thanks,
Neil.

Old August 5th 10, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Barno" wrote in message
Hi all, can some one please shed some light for me. How are caravans
measured? I am asking because of lack of storage where I keep my van I
cannot go any larger than my current Lunar, which is a 460/4. It has come
time to change and I was wondering whether the lengths shown on auto
trader and eBay are a standard measurement from the back to the front of
the a-frame or just to the front of the van? I anyone has any experience
can you please help.

Do not know if any standards but there are 2 measurements we usually need to
know, and they are as you said.
The overall length
The length of the caravan body.

Old August 5th 10, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 05/08/2010 18:45, David wrote:

"Barno" wrote in message
Hi all, can some one please shed some light for me. How are caravans
measured? I am asking because of lack of storage where I keep my van I
cannot go any larger than my current Lunar, which is a 460/4. It has
come time to change and I was wondering whether the lengths shown on
auto trader and eBay are a standard measurement from the back to the
front of the a-frame or just to the front of the van? I anyone has any
experience can you please help.

Do not know if any standards but there are 2 measurements we usually
need to know, and they are as you said.
The overall length
The length of the caravan body.

The overall length is sometimes referred to as the "shipping length".

When only one unqualified figure is given, it is usually the body length.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old August 6th 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Roger Mills
writes

"Barno" wrote in message
Hi all, can some one please shed some light for me. How are caravans
measured? I am asking because of lack of storage where I keep my van I
cannot go any larger than my current Lunar, which is a 460/4. It has
come time to change and I was wondering whether the lengths shown on
auto trader and eBay are a standard measurement from the back to the
front of the a-frame or just to the front of the van? I anyone has any
experience can you please help.

Do not know if any standards but there are 2 measurements we usually
need to know, and they are as you said.
The overall length
The length of the caravan body.

The overall length is sometimes referred to as the "shipping length".

When only one unqualified figure is given, it is usually the body length.

I would agree with that
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old August 6th 10, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barno

Ok thanks for the info, can start to look again now.

Neil