Abby Aventura with fixed bed circa 2003...any opinions?

Old August 7th 10, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Apples

Default Abby Aventura with fixed bed circa 2003...any opinions?

Hello,

Anyone have any comments on these, especially concerning damp
problems. Don't want to be giving 5k plus for something that will
turn out a wrecker in a few years.

Thanks
Old August 9th 10, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pedro[_2_]

On 07/08/2010 16:15, Apples wrote:
Hello,

Anyone have any comments on these, especially concerning damp
problems. Don't want to be giving 5k plus for something that will
turn out a wrecker in a few years.

Thanks

I own a 2001 Aventura bought new. Its done about 9000 miles and 300
nights. It is the best van I've had in 30 years of caravanning. I have
no problems with damp. The water system has given some unexpected
problems. I've replaced the water inlet, the pipe fitting on the water
heater outlet, the kitchen sink micro switch and now the 65 kitchen tap
is leaking at the swivel joint.

Apart from the enamel in the kitchen sink and around the hotplate area
showing signs of age the van looks as it did when it was bought, albeit
the outside paintwork might not be as shiny as when new.

You mention a fixed bed. I don't like fixed beds in vans that aren't
too big for me to tow. The seating in mine quickly and easily turns into
a comfortable bed and reverts even more easily once you've mastered the
method. I recently looked at 2 berth fixed beds to see how the world
had moved on. I discovered that all the models I checked compromised
the full length front seating with back rests criteria I set for my
relaxation in the evening after a days walking etc. I can sit/lie on
both front seats facing in either direction with back rests on 3 sides.
The 'best' FB model had a door next to the shorter near side seat making
a back rest impossible when facing the front. However, many (the other
half of caravanners) would prefer fixed beds; it's up to you.

I hope that this helps your decision making.

Pedro

Old August 19th 10, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Apples

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:36:53 +0100, Pedro wrote:

[...]

Thanks Pedro, nice review.