Wastemasters

Old September 3rd 10, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Default Wastemasters

About 18 months ago, hugh wrote:

Wastemasters must have been designed by and/or for use by someone who
was about 5' 6" tall.

Latest toilet cassettes come with wheels on.

and bill lord wrote:

I also replaced my Trolley with a wastewaster,
which although I can not use it for a gas bottle ( I use the car
anyway ) and again the wastemaster is a much better design than the
trolley

After a couple of seasons with mine, I have to say that they are
great for moving a large amount of waste water (even though I am
at least 6 ft.), and are sufficiently capacious that unnoticed
overflowing has not been a problem.. However, what I hadn't fully
thought out is how to cope with emptying.

If it is casual hedge-bottom disposal (or like one site where the
owner positively suggested that his saplings would appreciate the
water) Then all is well. However, if it has to go down a disposal
point with a raised brick surround, then getting it into place is
pretty tricky, and if the opening in the surround is narrow,
barely possible. Even once it is in position, unscrewing the
various caps in an attempt to regulate the discharge is actually
harder than might be anticipated. Has anybody any cunning ploys
to offer?

As regards the toilet cassette having wheels, indeed it does, but
I was very glad of the Wastemaster last weakened. The sealing
blade on my C402 toilet failed (and from the availability of
replacement assemblies, I guess this is not uncommon). I was
stuck for a while, with a pretty full tank, and no working seal
(so I couldn't lift the handle end significantly) and a long haul
to a disposal point. Luckily, the opening is offset laterally,
and coupled with the much lower angle when stowed on the
Wastemaster, I was able to deal with the problem without
polluting the greater part of Shrewsbury show ground.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.