Very Pedantic Question

Old September 11th 10, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default Very Pedantic Question

Well it is very quiet in here these days.

I saw someone today with his caravan on the road not hitched to a
vehicle, and obviously fitted with a caravan mover. The guy was stood on
the pavement and was moving the van with the remote control.

So at that point does the van cease to be a trailer and become an
electrically powered vehicle and thus needing to meet all the
requirements of such a vehicle - front no plate, lights, tax disc etc?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old September 12th 10, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

hugh ] said in
Well it is very quiet in here these days.

I saw someone today with his caravan on the road not hitched to a
vehicle, and obviously fitted with a caravan mover. The guy was stood
on the pavement and was moving the van with the remote control.

So at that point does the van cease to be a trailer and become an
electrically powered vehicle and thus needing to meet all the
requirements of such a vehicle - front no plate, lights, tax disc etc?

It can't go over 4 (maybe 8, can't remember) mph before it needs to be
classed as an electric vehicle, AIUI. Which is why electric invalid scooters
etc all have a top speed of 8 mph.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Old September 13th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

hugh ] wrote in :

The guy was stood on
the pavement and was moving the van with the remote control

I've always wanted to sit inside and drive it to the shops.

--
The above post may contain traces of irony
Old September 14th 10, 06:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerard

"Tunku" schreef in bericht

I've always wanted to sit inside and drive it to the shops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10

Well, why don't you? :-)

Gerard.

Old September 14th 10, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Gerard said the following on 14/09/2010 07:19:
"Tunku" schreef in bericht

I've always wanted to sit inside and drive it to the shops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10

Well, why don't you? :-)

Gerard.

Height barrier across the car park entrance perhaps?!!

Roy
Old September 14th 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"Roy" wrote in message ...
Gerard said the following on 14/09/2010 07:19:
"Tunku" schreef in bericht

I've always wanted to sit inside and drive it to the shops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10

Well, why don't you? :-)

Gerard.

Height barrier across the car park entrance perhaps?!!

Roy

Get a Rapido pop-top - only 1m 98cm high.

Old September 14th 10, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Keith said the following on 14/09/2010 13:08:
wrote in message ...
Gerard said the following on 14/09/2010 07:19:
schreef in bericht

I've always wanted to sit inside and drive it to the shops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10

Well, why don't you? :-)

Gerard.

Height barrier across the car park entrance perhaps?!!

Roy

Get a Rapido pop-top - only 1m 98cm high.

I used to have one - great! spent many happy holidays in it - no need for a
mover as you could lift the front an move it like a wheel barrow (almost).
If you did have a mover you could raise the top and drive it like a tank!

Roy