Campervan + caravan

Old September 13th 10, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
news.btinternet.com

Default Campervan + caravan

I'm looking to have my doblo fitted with a basic campervan set-up and pull
my freedom caravan.

So is it best to have the doblo taxed as a car or motor home ?.

No I'm not mad as iv had the caravan / van from new and will leave caravan
as a base and pop over to Ireland/France/sky for 24hrs+.
thanks

Old September 13th 10, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

"news.btinternet.com" wrote in
:

I'm looking to have my doblo fitted with a basic campervan set-up and
pull my freedom caravan.

So is it best to have the doblo taxed as a car or motor home ?.

No I'm not mad as iv had the caravan / van from new and will leave
caravan as a base and pop over to Ireland/France/sky for 24hrs+.
thanks

I've no idea of the answer, or whichever is cheapest. All I know is van tax
is cheaper than a car, dunno about motorhome tax, or if there is such a
thing. But, what a cool idea!.

--
The above post may contain traces of irony
Old September 14th 10, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T4 Camper

On 13 Sep, 13:11, "news.btinternet.com" wrote:
I'm looking to have my doblo fitted with a basic campervan set-up and pull
my freedom caravan.

So is it best to have the doblo taxed as a car or motor home ?.

No I'm not mad as iv had the caravan / van from new and will leave caravan
as a base and pop over to Ireland/France/sky for 24hrs+.
thanks

With regards to the above you cannot just register your van as what
you want there is VERY strict criteria to follow in what it has or
doent have fitted and i severely doubt whether your Dublo will be
large enough to quality? i work and own T4 VW'S and they only just do
it has to have ALL of the following! all permanantly fitted windows,
cooker/sink bed/s cupboards, table, pumped water, lighting always from
cars lighting and more besides DVLA decide not you whether it
qualifies pop top Vw's are currently being denied Motorhome staus due
primarily to home built wrecks previously being given this class and
being quite frankly dangerous [not saying yours would be btw just
telling facts as they are] so like all things its being havily
tightened up......... There is NO seperate tax for a motorhome its all
done on co2 emmisons but with motorhome class vehicles you have a
slower speed limit and higher residula value on the vehicle ....

Posted by THE UK's FAVOURITE VW T4 - T5 CLUB
For all your VW T4 - T5 Community needs visit www.t4club.co.uk today
Old September 14th 10, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message
, T4
Camper writes
[...]

My motor caravan V5 details are
Make Peugeot
Model Type Boxer...
Body Type Motor Caravan
Taxation Class Private/Light Goods

It's taxation class and emissions which determine your VED AFAIK
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old September 16th 10, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
news.btinternet.com

Thanks