Free-sat recording

Old September 18th 10, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Default Free-sat recording

I'm thinking of getting a free-sat box and dish etc but She who Must be
Obeyed says she wants to be able to record programmes rather than miss them.
Anmyone got any advice or had experience of using a 'hard drive' device?

Old September 18th 10, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a free-sat box and dish etc but She who Must be
Obeyed says she wants to be able to record programmes rather than miss
them. Anmyone got any advice or had experience of using a 'hard drive'
device?
I have a Philips machine with a 160gig hard drive in, but it is not a
digital, however scarted to the sky box it's brillo.

plays dvd's dvdr's cd's music etc, plug camera into it via usb & download or
see the pictures on camera. it has pause live tv and other gismo's
and you can record off sky onto the HDD at various quality, then burn films
whatever to dvd. Plug the video in via scart, and download to hard drive
then put it onto dvd
the only downside I have got with it, I cannot record one prog and watch
another on a different channel, but it's an analogue model, the latest
digital ones you can.
It only cost me 40 of ebay ages ago.

Old September 19th 10, 01:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les[_2_]

On Sep 18, 3:33*pm, "Harry Pleavin"
wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a free-sat box and dish etc but She who Must be
Obeyed says she wants to be able to record programmes rather than miss them.
Anmyone got any advice or had experience of using a 'hard drive' device?

I have a Humax, freesat recorder, and have had it since they came out,
it updates automatically, NO DVD though but has a USB input that I can
plug an external hard drive in to play my downloaded films, also have
used usb to play music from a usb stick, connects to the net but not
got mine hooked up.
Only downside is that i cant save the recordings to an external source
or move them as it uses its own type of file.
Other than that its excellent, no regrets and much cheaper than it was
when i bought it.
Glad i didn't buy a cheapy
Old September 19th 10, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a free-sat box and dish etc but She who Must be
Obeyed says she wants to be able to record programmes rather than miss
them. Anmyone got any advice or had experience of using a 'hard drive'
device?

I've got a Panasonic. MR.-BS750EBK, 250GB Hard disc, twin tuners, DVD
in/record/copy, SAD card in/record/copy, and USB in/record/copy (at least I
may). Cost an arm-and-a-leg, but SAMBA can use the PEG and really likes the
series record (which includes radio). Got it from John Lewis, who also
organised the dish & installation, as we've no experience of
digital/satellite systems. Despite being in the 'Home Counties' we need a
20ft mast for analogue TV (and FM radio), Freeview is purely a concept here.
Only drawback - recording of Ugly Betty starts early and cuts off the last
few minutes. Don't think it's the boxes fault.

Old September 19th 10, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"Keith" wrote in message

[...]

PS - take a look at the uk.tech.digital-tv news group.