European time

Old October 13th 10, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Default European time

I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Old October 13th 10, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

On 13/10/2010 16:34, Harry Pleavin wrote:
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Try here
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/euro...formation.html and
http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time...arch-2010.html

I believe that there is now synchronisation in Europe which didn't exist
in the past - I remember Switzerland changing about 2 weeks before/after
the UK.
Old October 13th 10, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"Dougal" DougalATHisKennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
. uk...
On 13/10/2010 16:34, Harry Pleavin wrote:
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last
Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Try here
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/euro...formation.html
and
http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time...arch-2010.html

I believe that there is now synchronisation in Europe which
didn't exist in the past - I remember Switzerland changing
about 2 weeks before/after the UK.

Actually at 02:00 on the last Sunday in October.

Europe used to change back on the last Sunday in September until
about 15 years ago so for a month we were on the same time except
Portugal which was an hour behind us.

Interesting, but as I remember it BST used to start at 02:00 -
clocks going forward to 03:00 - and ended at 02:00 with clocks
going back to 01:00. Now it seems at all starts and stops at
01:00 UTC (or GMT in old money) - when did that become the norm?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 14th 10, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

I'll take that as a yes then. Thank you very much for your help as this
possibility had not occurred to me and could have caused some difficulties
en-route. Cheers, Harry

Old November 6th 10, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alan.holmes

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Does it really matter?

Old November 6th 10, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Yes they did.
Also America this weekend

Old November 7th 10, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

alan.holmes said the following on 06/11/2010 21:09:
"Harry wrote in message
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last Saturday in October
but is that true of Europe i.e Spain?

Does it really matter?

It does if you are in Spain or travelling to or from there that weekend.

Roy
Old November 7th 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JTM

In article , David
wrote:

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in
message ...
I know that our clocks 'fall' back an hour on the last
Saturday in October but is that true of Europe i.e
Spain?

Yes they did.
Also America this weekend
David

Don't forget Portugal, like the UK, is 1 hour behind C E T

Old July 27th 11, 01:54 PM
Chapman Chapman is offline
Banned

Useful links shared in this thread having great useful material which is much helpful one for many persons to get this informative stuff,..
Old August 19th 11, 07:48 AM
Triggle Triggle is offline
Banned

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman View Post
Useful links shared in this thread having great useful material which is much helpful one for many persons to get this informative stuff,..
This is such a useful link... I agree with you.. What about this year... is the time going to be changed this year too? Or it would remain the same... Your reply would be appreciated!!