Gas at petrol stations

Old July 13th 10, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
James Harris

Default Gas at petrol stations

Anyone know if there are different types of gas available at petrol
stations and, if so, what they are? I was once told by a garage
cashier that the gas they had wasn't suitable for my motorhome. He
directed me to another garage where I was able to fill up.

Looking round for some info on the topic I think the motorhome can
fill up with LPG which is also available under a brand name of
Autogas.

http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/
http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/map/index.php
http://www.autogas.ltd.uk/whereToBuyMap.htm
http://www.go-autogas.com/

Is the above correct? If not, what's the true story? If it's right
then what could have been the other gas the garage had?

Any pointers appreciated.

James
Old July 14th 10, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message
,
James Harris writes
Anyone know if there are different types of gas available at petrol
stations and, if so, what they are? I was once told by a garage
cashier that the gas they had wasn't suitable for my motorhome. He
directed me to another garage where I was able to fill up.

Looking round for some info on the topic I think the motorhome can
fill up with LPG which is also available under a brand name of
Autogas.

http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/
http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/map/index.php
http://www.autogas.ltd.uk/whereToBuyMap.htm
http://www.go-autogas.com/

Is the above correct? If not, what's the true story? If it's right
then what could have been the other gas the garage had?

Any pointers appreciated.

James

Autogas is basically commercial grade propane except that it's quality
isn't covered by any BS standard.

Calor did their best to scare filling stations into refusing to allow
you to refill cylinders with autogas as it is obviously cheaper and less
profitable than the exchange cylinder price. Most will allow you to fill
if the tank/bottle is fixed in the motorhome/caravan.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old August 2nd 10, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
James Harris

On 14 July, 23:32, hugh ] wrote:
In message
,
James Harris writes

[...]

Thanks for the info. The gas filler was fixed so it's a puzzle as to
what gas that particular garage had. If I ever get told the same story
I'll ask some more questions.

James